Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Ocd and paranoia

[fd...]

[fd...]
I have had this crazy OCD fear/ paranoia about water getting into the walls causing mold and me living in a moldy house. I live in Florida so it could happen. I had issues with this at my old house and we moved, and I thought all my fears and paranoia would go away...but it hasn't. I'm paranoid at our new house. I have so much anxiety and this knot in my stomach. I used to be fun and carefree and now I'm dealing with just moving which is stressful, and not having any of my fears go away. Seemed like a waste.

It's not you these drugs make you think crazy things. Mine gradually got worse and greatly increased with anti depressants. Just have hope they eventually improve as brain repairs itself. Mental symptoms are Crippling they make you think you are going mad at times.

Hang in there. There will be better times.

I have paranoia about my house and rain also. Afraid of losing. Afraid of losing work. Afraid of hardship.

I am trying to break the cycles of ocd with short mantras and focusing on breath. It is challenging though.

But I know it will get better. Have hope.

Friendly reminder it s chemical and an exhausted fear center desperately trying to gain a sense of control. The problem is I find it latches on to a "legitimate' concern and amplifies it. I mean if we were afraid of say "pickles" we would know that its the benzos bc that is illogical. but the fact it focuses on "real" things is what makes it feel crazy.

for example I have always had environmental concerns...now I see it everywhere in everything and it can feel overwhelming. Its like the brain goes out of its way to find threats to our existence. If anything our brain is doing too good of a job trying to keep us safe!

I have to remind myself of this logically when it tries to flood my head...its can be so intense.

You're not alone:)

i push through with mindfulness and distraction.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [je...]
    • [Jo...]
    • [...]
    • [An...]
    • [Pi...]
    • [PE...]
    • [...]
    • [...]
    • [Vi...]
    • [SB...]
    • [Ma...]