Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Everything but the kitchen sink...

[Ca...]

By way of introduction: I'm now in the last stages of a Clonazepam taper after about 17 months of use. Meanwhile, treatment for major depression has me on a cocktail of antidepressants and continuing a course of ECT (electroconvulsive therapy) that was initiated in January of this year. Add in my meditation, yoga, CBT, exercise and counseling and you can see why I gave this post its title. :) Withdrawal effects have so far been not too bad, as far as I can tell (there's a lot going on, so it's hard to say exactly). Looking forward to seeing the end of the benzo, and hoping to learn from the good folks here as I head into the home stretch.

[0a...]

Hello CalmingHope and welcome to BenzoBuddies,

I am glad you found  our community.  It isn't uncommon for people with mood issues to be on multiple medications these days.  It sounds like you are doing reasonably well and it is nice to hear that you aren't suffering too terribly during your taper.  I've put a link below for you to the Withdrawl Support board in the event you want to discuss any issues you might be having:

Withdrawal Support (during your taper)

Take your time and become familiar with our site.  There are several forums you might be interested in looking at or posting to.  BenzoBuddies is a supportive and welcoming community.  When you feel ready, you can start a thread.

Best and again, welcome,

Kate

We have a lot in common you read my signature...

I'm so glad you seem to be having a decent go of it. My experiences with meds and ect were not good. but I am now med free and am seeing improvements!

I pray things continue to go well. Keep us posted :smitten:

Thanks for your supportive words! Yes, it does sound like we have some things in common. On the benzo side, I've just two days ago reduced from 0.125 mg Clonazepam, at bedtime, to 0.0625 mg. So far - and I know it's very early days still - the main effect seems to be insomnia with repeated awakenings once sleep does come. Just trying to keep active and maintain a positive attitude. Onward!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [bh...]
    • [Le...]
    • [Re...]
    • [Ne...]
    • [...]
    • [Al...]
    • [Ye...]
    • [kn...]
    • [Ev...]
    • [...]
    • [Ni...]