Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Benzo hell...

[er...]

Hello,

I started on Ativan 1mg for a few years than moved off of Ativan and used Temazepam 3o MG for a three years and added Clonazepan 1mg x 2 day. I recently cold turkeyed Clonaz but stayed on Temazepam I recently reduced to 22.5 mg before before bed and am going to 15 mg next month. I have neuropathy pain through my body, i'm trying to turn this ship around and see if i can mend my nerves and curtail the muscle wasting going on. I'm here to dig in 1 to get off this crap. 2 get some real sleep. Temazepam used to get me 5-6 hours a night now it's 1-2 hrs. looking for story's and or info how benzo's effect your nerves and sleep and what did you do row the boat in the right direction. I appreiacte you all in advance. TY! BTD

Hello erpeacemaker, Welcome to BenzoBuddies!

Wow, you were able to cold turkey that much Clonazepam, amazing!  It sounds like you've really reduced your Temazepam by a lot but there is much yet to be done, isn't there?  It's pretty common when we become tolerant to our benzo that sleep is a major victim but it can return when you get free of the drug and recover from it's use.

We suggest reducing your dose by about 5-10% every couple of weeks, many of our members report that as they get lower in dose, they have to slow their tapers even more. 

Are you familiar with  The Ashton Manual, it's a great resource for understanding what benzo's do to us and chapter 3 lists our symptoms.

If you'd like suggestions on your taper, feel free to check out the methods we support.  Planning your taper (Taper Plans)

If you'd like to connect with others going through this you can start a thread on the Withdrawal Support (during your taper) board, we all need validation while going through this.

We're glad you're here, please let us know how we can help you.

Pamster

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [BN...]
    • [...]
    • [...]
    • [Ct...]
    • [Ro...]
    • [ho...]
    • [mo...]
    • [Sl...]
    • [Ga...]
    • [Ko...]