Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Short Fuse

[...]

Anyone else have a short fuse? I'm usually not a really angry person but since I've been tapering the last few months, I'm angry a lot. Right now I'm angry that my husband took a trip without me, even though I didn't want to go. I'm angry at my best friend for telling me the same stories over and over and I'm furious that a lunch place I went to wasn't enforcing wearing masks or wearing masks themselves. I feel like I'm going crazy. There is a pandemic going on and so many people don't seem to care. Sorry for the rant but I just feel angry a lot. Anyone else have that symptom? Even meditating isn't helping right now.

same for me, i have to actively manage it, end up getting irritated and angry about everything. blow up over the most minor things, it sucks

I had a lot of anger during my taper and afterwards.  Many people talk of anxiety during withdrawal, but for me it was mostly anger.

same for me, i have to actively manage it, end up getting irritated and angry about everything. blow up over the most minor things, it sucks

Yes it does. I keep arguing with people and that's not like me!

yeah I notice get short tempered with my family. Also sometimes I get intrusive thoughts about life situations that haven't happened and that can make me angry. Yeah ditto I am normally a placid person but find myself getting annoyed at the silliest of things.  :(

I have actually noticed that my temper is pretty much gone. I think that valium turned me into a rageaholic honestly. I don't really even engage when someone tries to start something with me these days but maybe its just because I feel so miserable that I want to conserve my energy.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [BN...]
    • [...]
    • [...]
    • [Ct...]
    • [Ro...]
    • [ho...]
    • [mo...]
    • [Sl...]
    • [Ga...]
    • [Ko...]
    • [Da...]