Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Well I thought...

[De...]

I was going to get out of my 3rd month (I’m at 3 months in 10 days)  relatively easy but bam last night I get hit with a bad anxiety filled wave that included shortness of breath and mild chest pain... I’ve been through this all before when I was coming off of lorazepam the shortness of breath and chest pain and burning was my first symptoms... it doesn’t help that covid has these symptoms too.. I just got tested just to be safe but I always wear a mask and wash my hands all the time! It just sucks cause I haven’t had the kind of anxiety I had last night since the very beginning.. it’s better today.. it just sucks.. at the start I went to so many hospitals trying to find answers, I looked crazy cause everyone was said I was fine.. I was all last night what if this isn’t benzo what if it’s covid?? And was calling doctors asking questions.. how bad is our immune systems right now? I cold turkey so I’m sure it’s not great but does anyone know ? Also at what point do our immune systems get better?

Of course our overall health affects our immune system like everyone else, but in my experience over the years of interdose withdrawals and during the acute fast tapering withdrawals my sensitivities are high but my immune system is totally fine.

I was very accident prone during tolerance withdrawals and I healed from many injuries, got the yearly nasty flu/colds/illnesses with the rest of my family and was in no way any worse off than anyone else.  I had my body hammered by a car wreck with a broken back early in acute tapering withdrawals and I completely healed without any medications or medical assistance of any kind.  I was Terrified and enraged by Doctors at the time so I never went back after the ER and initial Dr. appointment for insurance purposes. 

My immune system works perfectly fine and quickly responds to everything it should.  My benzo symptoms and health anxiety suck but that isn’t my immune system.

Of course our overall health affects our immune system like everyone else, but in my experience over the years of interdose withdrawals and during the acute fast tapering withdrawals my sensitivities are high but my immune system is totally fine.

I was very accident prone during tolerance withdrawals and I healed from many injuries, got the yearly nasty flu/colds/illnesses with the rest of my family and was in no way any worse off than anyone else.  I had my body hammered by a car wreck with a broken back early in acute tapering withdrawals and I completely healed without any medications or medical assistance of any kind.  I was Terrified and enraged by Doctors at the time so I never went back after the ER and initial Dr. appointment for insurance purposes. 

My immune system works perfectly fine and quickly responds to everything it should.  My benzo symptoms and health anxiety suck but that isn’t my immune system.

I saw that if you still are taking benzos (tapering) your immune system doesn’t get get effected as much? Did you ever cold turkey a medication? I heard your immune system becomes compromised? I guess that’s my worry.. :( 

That is purely due to how much shock is induced in your overall health by withdrawal symptoms.  W/D’s can be better or worse in C/T or tapering = it is completely different for every individual.  It trends towards harsher more severe symptoms for c/t but that definitely does not hold true across the board.  Even if you had/have terrible symptoms it is still a matter of how your system processes health disturbances as an individual.  Your immune system is annoyed by your symptoms but they don’t dictate how it does it’s job.

That is purely due to how much shock is induced in your overall health by withdrawal symptoms.  W/D’s can be better or worse in C/T or tapering = it is completely different for every individual.  It trends towards harsher more severe symptoms for c/t but that definitely does not hold true across the board.  Even if you had/have terrible symptoms it is still a matter of how your system processes health disturbances as an individual.  Your immune system is annoyed by your symptoms but they don’t dictate how it does it’s job.

Thank you that makes me feel better.

i have this symptoms too, its benzo wd, it gets better with time. Its not uncommon the heart issues, i saw much cases that healed..

I would only be concerned if you like lose your sense of smell and have significant fever ( in regards to covid). Otherwise continue on knowing its benzo recovery as usual..in my opinion.

I know the deep muscle ache has had me wonder a few times if I should get tested. But then when it dissipates i realize what it is. The air hunger symptoms can put doubts in your mind too..same thing.. it lets up a bit and then I know again...just recovery.

Remember this healing in non-linear. You can have a chunk of time where it feels like you're making progress only to be thrown into a wave..and its quite discouraging. but you ARE making progress - it just doesn't present that way. I hate it too.  :tickedoff:

there is life after this. We are healing  :smitten:

Yeah this COVID crap has had me freaking out plenty of times now. Really not a good thing for those of us with sensitive everything.

Thanks everyone ! Yeah it’s just stupid benzo withdrawls i got a covid test yesterday and the results came back negative.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [je...]
    • [Jo...]
    • [...]
    • [An...]
    • [Pi...]
    • [PE...]
    • [...]
    • [...]
    • [Vi...]
    • [SB...]
    • [Ma...]