Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Severe buttock pain?

[Aj...]

Anyone else have very tight buttocks that are too painful to sit or lie on?

They are rigid and it goes down back of legs as well.

I had surgery at L5/S1 which is how ended up on Benzos but this is more around and out from sacrum?

Chiro has said that surgery site is bending back and that of stays like that will fuse as other joints of spine have.

You literally think I am  an idiot don’t you.

If the exercises worked I wouldn’t be asking about it.

It is back to the point where I can’t lie on it at all on my exercise mat and soon I won’t be able to lie on it on my sofa either even with my legs up.

It is back to the point where I can’t lie on it at all on my exercise mat and soon I won’t be able to lie on it on my sofa either even with my legs up.

Now I've had enough of your nasty posts and reported this post. And this is not the first time. I just want to help you. Why did you ask the question? What answer did you want?

Anna,

I would not be asking about it if anything helped it.

I feel like you are hounding me.

Just because you have muscle symptoms does not mean they are the same as mine.

Ajusta,

You started a thread asking for feedback and when you received a suggestion you reacted poorly, your comment was disrespectful.  Most everyone on the forum is in pain so we all have to think before we react by reaching for patience and compassion instead of anger.

Was the intent of your post to simply vent or did you hope for suggestions?  When most members see a post their first instinct is to offer a solution, we all want to fix things but if you react with anger then quite soon members will stop replying to your posts, is this what you want? 

Pamster

I don't have the same kind of pain but I have serious problems with my joints, although my muscles are very loose. If I remember right, yours were really tight. Nevertheless, maybe the bending motion in your lower back is throwing everything out of balance and causes the cramps? If you haven't seen a chiro in a long time, maybe it's worth talking to him/her? My hips have started subluxing when I lie down in a certain position. I not only get joint pain but also cramps on my lower buttocks and the backside of my thighs. My two cents.

Yeah, thanks.

My hips are very skewed.

Hard to tell what is EDS and what is from surgery at L5/S1 & what is WD or being ,ade worse by WD.  been one Benzos since had surgery in 2001 so think they have been covering a lot that went wrongwith it.

Have not been able to sit for long or sit in recliner at all or lie flat even on Benzos since the surgery and have tried everything over the years.

Been seeing osteopath, myofascial person. Doesn’t help.

I had partial disk removal at L5/S1 in 1996 with no surgical fusion of the vertebrae.  I was in pain for quite awhile, but the vertebrae did finally fuse naturally and then I was relatively painfree.  What helped me was sitting on a doughnut type or soft cushion especially in the car and also using a folding chair to sit on to brush my teeth since leaning over the sink used to cause me alot of pain.  Also got a memory foam mattress bed topper so the bed's not too hard to sleep on.  Also doing a type of exercise I call an eggroll helps me to loosen the spine:  Lie on your back with legs bend and wrap your arms behind the knees and then pull your knees up to your chest and then on a carpeted surfaced roll back on your spine up to your neck while pulling on your knees.  It important to decompress the spine when you've got disks pressing on nerves in your spine.  I do that every night to open up my spine.

• 2 weeks later...

Hanks!

I had a laminectomy and disc removed from spinal canal in 2001.

It has never been right and after surgery whole back, neck, shoulders went rigid - why I was on Benzos.

I have done  that exercise a lot for decades even during this as well as everything else I can find but now it is literally rigid and too painful to lie on.

Nothing will decompress. It is all like hard, contracted gristle that won’t let go at all.

Mine never fused and has been unstable since but wasn’t painful before this.

I have 2 herniated discs above it as well that have got worse during WD.

I think my Ehlers Danlos is making it all much worse.

Sorry Ajusta, I know how painful my one herniated disk was.  What about getting one of those steroid spinal shots. I got one time and it didn't help me.

I don’t think steroid shots in WD are a good idea and I don’t think it would stop the contracture and you say it didn’t help anyway...

I think it is failed back surgery and benzo covered it up a lot.

Not been able to sit for long since then. Not because of pain but because of instability.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [bh...]
    • [Le...]
    • [Re...]
    • [Ne...]
    • [...]
    • [Al...]
    • [Ye...]
    • [kn...]
    • [Ev...]
    • [...]
    • [Ni...]