Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

5 month update and need support!

[Fr...]

Hey everyone,

Took a couple of months away from the boards to try to focus on myself and to not dwell on my withdrawal experience. Today is my 5 month mark from a CT. At this point, I feel like I'm out of the danger zone from any horrible complications (I had horrible anxiety worrying about having a seizure for the first couple of months). But I'm definitely not healed, which is frustrating. I naively thought that if I just took care of myself I would heal quickly, and it seems like I'm still fighting an uphill battle to really get over this thing. And at 5 months in, it's daunting. I can still barely drive, and anything I put in my body other than healthy foods makes me sick (I took a significant amount of magnesium and beta blockers to get through in the beginning, but am trying to wean off). At this point I've come too far to turn back, but am worried about how long I'll be stuck in this limbo. Any moral support would be greatly appreciated, I'm just trying to hang in there and keep fighting!

Thanks everybody,

I am 3 weeks off and feel bad today. Symptoms are ear ringing, anxiety, muscle jerks. I am doing all the mental training I can to stay present now. I have faith it will get better. Sleep helps. But I wake up anxious.

I dream of the day I am not anxious.

Keep fighting FreeCeltic, please dont turn back, you will come through the other side.  Withdrawal is a tough journey and sometimes it’s hard to stay positive.  Try to distract and keep distracting, it’s just a matter of more time. I know the waiting is awful but it will eventually get better.

Magrita :smitten:

Hello buddies

Well... it's marathon, not a sprint. I'm told the average recovery time is between 18 and 24 months. Anything above 18 months is considered protracted. Some people heal after 5 years, others after 10. In numerous cases, there is a gradual reduction in symptoms severity so the situation becomes more and more manageable and predictable over time. That said, for some people, the symptoms remains severe or sometimes worsen for quite an extensive period of time and then fade away rather quickly at some point...

I guess what I'm trying to say is: anything could happen. I know, this isn't much help.

I think it's important you realise that, for a while, you will not be your normal self and you will have to be kind to yourself until you have recovered: healthy diet, regular (not too strenuous) exercise, a routine, an environment as stress-free as possible, support from your loved ones, etc. are what you need for the next year or so until your CNS is back on track.

I am approaching month 8 and while today I feel in many ways much better than in acute, I'm still far from recovered...

Hang in there!

SG

Keep fighting Celtic. 

Five months is considered early days.  Just keep going and don't give in.  Nearly 18 months and definitely improved from when 6 months. 

D. x

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [bh...]
    • [Le...]
    • [Re...]
    • [Ne...]
    • [...]
    • [Al...]
    • [Ye...]
    • [kn...]
    • [Ev...]
    • [...]