Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

To those who have DR DP check this video out! TRIGGER WARNING

[b7...]

[b7...]

This is how my vision is ALWAYS 24/7 since may 2018

Is this how you think the world looks for you?

Its scary. But watch it. Please commont if you suffer from this or not.

It feels like be in another world.

Thanks Ajusta for send me this in pm. Finally I can tell what my world looks like to my family...

Maybe they can trust me now when I say the workd freaks me out and that i dont can walk around in malls shops and stores or just a walk in the town. This is me 100% like that and at the same time disoriented. Now I can show my doctor how my world looks like. Instead of trying to tell

That's exactly my experience Sundance.  Feel like crying, right now.  It's like the loss of my world.  Had a few brief episodes of respite but always returns. 

Overall, it's better than earlier. 

It's crap, hey?  And sorry you are in same boat.  Onwards we sail to clarity. 

Dee

:smitten:

* Thanks for sharing Ajusta. 

Wow .. this is exactly I am 24/7. I hope it gets better someday. Does it ? Anyone

This is such a great video and would definitely help lot of sufferers to explain others who doesn’t get it

Without a trace of envy Conrad, I am really happy for you. 

Hi JRBenzo.  You've got it too.  I'm sorry. 

It is a great video and would help lots of people because it is so hard to explain without sounding like a complete loon.  So sick of it.

Onwards. 

Dee x

My depth perception is off too which is why I tend to fall now when there are no real obstacles in my way.  That vid. does show it rather well.  It's like being in another world now and not being grounded in reality.

[b7...]
Finally my husband gets it! He can see the world thru my eyes! Thank god I am not alone. Maybe something to show doctors too when they dont wanna understand.

Anyone else also feel like they are a tiny speck trapped deep inside their brain at the same time as this?

Also terror of trees, graded, plants etc, texture of clothes, etc.

Heavy creepy gothic overlay on everything.

Its always good to have a tool to help others understand what we are experiencing. This vid may be helpful.

But I NEED to balance things out on this thread.

Yes the DP/DR is indescribable and distressing, and we are so tired of it.

BUT

Others have healed from it. MANY have healed from it. If you are a person suffering longer than some others, please stop scaring the crap out of others by describing things in such dramatic ways. Share in a "matter of fact" sort of way. I know we all need a place to put our pain but I am getting quite bothered by some members unrelenting posting of their experiences like it is a competition or something.

We are to uplift and encourage and give hope here. I too could give some very vivd descriptions of the things I have been through and am still going through, but is it helpful to others who are already in an amplified state of fight or flight bc of an exacerbated amygdala right now? NO.

There is a way to share our struggle without writing a script for a horror movie. Please use som restraint or find a  more suitable outlet. Creating more pain and fear for others is never acceptable.

[b7...]

Its always good to have a tool to help others understand what we are experiencing. This vid may be helpful.

But I NEED to balance things out on this thread.

Yes the DP/DR is indescribable and distressing, and we are so tired of it.

BUT

Others have healed from it. MANY have healed from it. If you are a person suffering longer than some others, please stop scaring the crap out of others by describing things in such dramatic ways. Share in a "matter of fact" sort of way. I know we all need a place to put our pain but I am getting quite bothered by some members unrelenting posting of their experiences like it is a competition or something.

We are to uplift and encourage and give hope here. I too could give some very vivd descriptions of the things I have been through and am still going through, but is it helpful to others who are already in an amplified state of fight or flight bc of an exacerbated amygdala right now? NO.

There is a way to share our struggle without writing a script for a horror movie. Please use som restraint or find a  more suitable outlet. Creating more pain and fear for others is never acceptable.

It has never been my intention to intimidate anyone with this clip. it was a question to others who have dr / dp if they have similar perception of sight as I have. How can you say it's a contest in posting about how you actually feel? We are many who feel very bad and we must be able to write posts where the reality is scary for someone else. We make an active choice when we read posts here. For example, I do not want to read posts in the protracted w / d group precisely because it is scary for me. It feels very hurtful that you think we are competing here. I do not exaggerate or want to scare anyone else. It was important for me to see if this is just me who has it like this. Then it feels like I'm going crazy. I will mark the post with trigger warning.

I'm sorry, ...Not the clip itself...the clip is helpful. And yes when we suffer we want to know that we are not alone, and that someone else "gets it". I feel that way too.

This was a broad statement, (not specifically to you,) but some other members have a habit of what seems like jumping in to threads all the time with very dramatic descriptions "as if" they need to outdo the last person who posted. Maybe my perceptions what they are writing is wrong.

You are correct, we make active choices on which posts we read. I need to take this into account more. I guess I'm just feeling protective of others today.

I apologize. I'm feeling strongly about a particular member who is constantly negative and dark. i should probably address it with them personally and not like I just did. Or just let it be.

I'm sorry if I ruined the intent of your thread. Please forgive me.

[b7...]

I'm sorry, ...Not the clip itself...the clip is helpful. And yes when we suffer we want to know that we are not alone, and that someone else "gets it". I feel that way too.

This was a broad statement, (not specifically to you,) but some other members have a habit of what seems like jumping in to threads all the time with very dramatic descriptions "as if" they need to outdo the last person who posted. Maybe my perceptions what they are writing is wrong.

You are correct, we make active choices on which posts we read. I need to take this into account more. I guess I'm just feeling protective of others today.

I apologize. I'm feeling strongly about a particular member who is constantly negative and dark. i should probably address it with them personally and not like I just did. Or just let it be.

:smitten: :smitten:

Personally I find it helpful to have ppl describe things in as much detail as possible even if it is horrofic.

If I see others with the same kind of and intensity of symptoms it reassures me it is WD and there is hope I might recover.

Yes, it's reassuring to know I'm not alone in my symptoms.  It makes me feel better reading that others are suffering perceptual problems too.  Nothing is too horrific or scary for me to read.

Trina! Thanks, I really appreciate your post!  :thumbsup:  I also don't understand how these recurring horror stories can help others. And it scares away new members.

My post may be misunderstood. I am definitely not complaining about Sundanceshaman. The You-Tube clip was great. And she's a very nice friend. To be honest I meant Ajusta.

I sent the clip to Sundanceshaman

And there you are hounding me for no reason again.

I see you do not object to Becksblue agreeing with me finding ppl describing symptoms reassuring.

We all find different things helpful.

If you don’t like reading the descriptions then just don’t read them.

I find them helpful.

Yes, some feel better with reassurance and knowing others suffer and some feel better not hearing about the horror symptoms.  No one should criticize another person's way of coping.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [Pa...]
    • [gr...]
    • [in...]
    • [Re...]
    • [Ev...]
    • [...]
    • [ro...]
    • [Gu...]
    • [PE...]
    • [Mi...]
    • [ra...]