Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Heal

[Ms...]

Hi!

I'm off almost 2 months now and wondering what's normal for healing.

I had to taper longer than many others, 6 years in total, and I was really sick the entire time. I still am sick. Some things have improved slightly, but overall it's still  >:(

While I know a lot about tapering, I never bothered to learn much about healing. I do know  that many of my benzo friends I've made over the years are on with their lives. I really don't hear from them, maybe a text once a year or less. Probably normal for this. Like soldiers probably don't hang out much after the war. Maybe they do. Either way this encourages me.

Tell me about healing. Tell me how it happens. Is there anything I can do to help myself? This Covid thing on top of it has made everything weird.

Thank you!

Ms: So hard to answer the healing question bc everyone is different..yet obviously there are a lot of similarities.

To answer you..good days and rough days (windows/waves); the length of these and intensity varies. I find hormone fluctuates affect how I'm feeling. I am seeing positives so this helps me through the rough days. Keeping some level of normalcy in your life is helpful. Eat healthy. Surround yourself with positivity.

Tiny flexible goals each day. Mornings can be the hardest part but then you'll find things ease up hopefully.

This has been my experience  :)

Why did you have to taper for 6 years?

Well it wasn't intentional. My symptoms were actually severe and I would have killed myself otherwise is my best answer.

You've probably seen the post by Sofakingdone about the four phases?  The discussion located on another thread may provide some insight. 

The Four Phases of Withdrawal

I didn't! Reading now... Thank you!

PHASE ONE

This is what we commonly refer to as the Acute Phase, which commences once you jump off the medication.  If you tapered and went through tolerance withdrawal, this phase is likely to be a smoother transition than a cold turkey or rapid withdrawal. 

^ agree

So I guess I'm in Phase two. Really interesting. Exactly what I was looking for. Thanks!

Ms: So hard to answer the healing question bc everyone is different..yet obviously there are a lot of similarities.

To answer you..good days and rough days (windows/waves); the length of these and intensity varies. I find hormone fluctuates affect how I'm feeling. I am seeing positives so this helps me through the rough days. Keeping some level of normalcy in your life is helpful. Eat healthy. Surround yourself with positivity.

Tiny flexible goals each day. Mornings can be the hardest part but then you'll find things ease up hopefully.

This has been my experience  :)

Hormones impact me as well. I'm glad you're seeing positives. How long have you been recovering for?

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [BN...]
    • [...]
    • [...]
    • [Ct...]
    • [Ro...]
    • [ho...]
    • [mo...]
    • [Sl...]
    • [Ga...]
    • [Ko...]
    • [Da...]