Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

7 months cold turkey

[dr...]

It's now been 7 months since my cold turkey and my only lingering issue is the brain fog and mental confusion. I got a new job working 12 hour shifts 5 days a week and can totally manage it without any downsides. The most frustrating thing is my memory. I get blank in conversations and i often don't even comprehend on what's being said. This is so frustrating and it's my ONLY symptom that's left besides being moody sometimes but i think that's normal for everyone. My personality is shot and i can't laugh or be happy like i used to be, it's just blank and dry. Does this go away?? For people who had this really really bad, when did this all come back? I used to be so sharp and energetic and i always want to nap now.

I'm thrilled to hear you're not experiencing a multitude of physical symptoms after only 7 months, this is wonderful!  I understand your fear and frustration about the remaining issue but since you've had such an amazing recovery from the physical, I don't see why you won't recover all of your mental and emotional faculties as well.

We return to ourselves and it's a welcome homecoming because the loss of self through this process is terrifying.  Congratulations on the new job, you're amazing to be able to do 12 hour shifts, 5 days a week!  :thumbsup:

[9a...]
Your timing seems similar to mine.  The mental stuff will improve, but probably slower than you'd like.  Try not to get frustrated if/when you fall behind the conversation at times.  It's fine to ask clarifying questions.  I was pretty much back to normal at the one-year mark so you're most of the way there.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [bh...]
    • [Le...]
    • [Re...]
    • [Ne...]
    • [...]
    • [Al...]
    • [Ye...]
    • [kn...]
    • [Ev...]
    • [...]
    • [Ni...]