Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Good Day/Bad Day

[mo...]

Hello...

I’m in 4th week of c/t...had a really good day yesterday for the first time in weeks, then today

Horrible, extreme withdrawal symptoms again...Is this a sign of healing or going backwards?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated....thanks :)

Ah yes, the typical waxing and waning of symptoms, this drove me nuts!  You allow yourself to actually feel hope then it's ripped away from you, I'm so sorry.  As to the answer to your question, you're always healing (as long as you're not drinking alcohol or taking more benzo's) it just doesn't feel like it sometimes. 

Professor Ashton said this about what you're experiencing. 

During benzodiazepine withdrawal, symptoms characteristically wax and wane, varying in severity and type from day to day, week to week, and even during the course of a day. Some symptoms come and go; others may take their place. There is no need to be discouraged by these wave-like recurrences; the waves become less severe and less frequent as time passes. Typically "Windows" of normality, when you feel positively well for a few hours or days, appear after some weeks; gradually the "Windows" become more frequent and last longer, while any intervening discomfort ebbs away.

mom: the windows and waves are def a real thing. but good news....YOU HAD A WINDOW!!!  :thumbsup:

some people don't get them this early...so now you've had one...you will have one again, and again.

Waves can be rough in the way they almost make you forget you even had a window oe what it felt like. so when those waves come..remind yourself,

" this will pass....the window will come again".

And if you forget - we will always remind you...again and again if necessary, bc sometimes we do need constant reassurance we're going to get through this.  :smitten:

Thank you both so much. Today has been an overwhelming and painful challenge, and tomorrow I have hope that it will be even a little bit brighter and better after reading your replies. :)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [je...]
    • [Jo...]
    • [...]
    • [An...]
    • [Pi...]
    • [PE...]
    • [...]
    • [...]
    • [Vi...]
    • [SB...]
    • [Ma...]