Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Benzo flu?

[De...]

Anyone else on here have sore throat and sinus stuff going on? It’s scary to have  durning covid.. I’ve had the sore throat off and on for a month and weird sinus stuff like fake congestion but now i think the congestion is getting a little worse as my left eye feels weird... anyone have this going on?? I’ve taken a covid test in the beginning of July when the sore throat stuff started and it’s negative.. I’m gonna take another one tomorrow but just wondering if I’m not alone.. it’s not super bad I just feel like I’m on the verge of getting sick.

Yeah had lots of sinus issues while using benzos.  My head would always feel stuffy—like I was coming down with a cold. . Now at close to six months off, I feel much better.  If I get a sinus issue, it is due to allergies. 

Yep, I have sinus issues, sore throat that comes and goes, it definitely worries me on occasion with COVID, but it always goes away so I am fairly certain it’s benzos. Especially because this is a symptom I’ve had since shortly after I started benzos.

Thanks everyone that makes me feel better, I’ve been offf benzos since May 18th cold turkey! things are improving it’s just now I feel like I’m getting sick.. headache, sore throat and nose isn’t congested but feels like it’s going to be.

I know your worry during the crazy covid time. I never had sore throat or flu like sx only after I got covid. It's been 4.5 months now still on and off along with other covid sx. I hope yours as just bwd. Please let us know the test results tomorrow.

I got tested for covid in the beginning of July and it was negative and I scheduled a test for yesterday but didn’t end up going cause literally everything I felt over the weekend  went away I was fine yesterday. I’m getting waves of benzo flu which sucks durning these  covid times.. I guess if it comes back or things get worse I’ll go in.. I’ve literally had a sore throat on and off since July 1st so I think it’s benzo related. Headache and fake congestion comes in waves..

yes omg yes  have now been tested for cover twice ugh  sore throat goes away after i take my pill

Do you have fake congestion yet? Feels like your nose is stuffed but there is nothing there? That’s the worst..

I use Breathe Right nasal strips more at night now. I’ve got one on right now. It helps! I hate feeling stuffed up when trying to sleep.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [BN...]
    • [...]
    • [...]
    • [Ct...]
    • [Ro...]
    • [ho...]
    • [mo...]
    • [Sl...]
    • [Ga...]
    • [Ko...]
    • [Da...]