Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Question about going back up in dose, philosophy of avoiding it

[el...]

Hello,

Being new to this I am trying to understand the implications of going up

In dose.  Is it harmful to recovery aside from the time and effort involved?  Is it harder each time to taper?  I pushed too hard , i am suffering from withdrawal and anxiety.  Wondering if should wait it out?  Hi elise

A few reasons to avoid it. Updosing doesn't always alleviate symptoms in the way you think it might. Holding at the same dose will lead to stability even if it takes a while. Better to do it that way. Also, part of the rehabilitation process has to be to challenge the mindset that considers benzos as a viable solution.

Unfortunately, I think that pushing too far is too common a problem for updosing to be a good solution. Hold until you stabilise and be more careful next time is my advice. You'll be glad you did it when you get over this bump.

Thank you so much for this info. Really miserable and the the way I cut this dose is hard. I cut a .25 mg Xanax in half, then quarters.  I take 1 1/2 and one eight tablets.  Done it 5 nights...each time more anxious.  The next step was to be 1 and a half tablets which would be stable dosing.  Never have felt so

Ineffective in my life which is all precious to me as it is to everyone.  Elise

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [Pa...]
    • [gr...]
    • [in...]
    • [Re...]
    • [Ev...]
    • [...]
    • [ro...]
    • [Gu...]
    • [PE...]
    • [Mi...]