Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Weird Sensory Stuff-- Sound Sensitivity to "up" inflection? Just me?

[Ba...]

Hi.  I have not seen this mentioned anywhere before, although a lot of people are sensitive to noise and sound generally.

Does anyone go nuts when someone talks to them with a lot of "up" inflections?  It is as if someone is asking them a bunch of questions, and tone goes up at the end?

It is like screens, I can take a little bit, then I can't.

And I bet these are related in my case, the sensory stuff.

Just wondering how weird I actually am ... hehe.  (Think I know!)

I think things that were merely annoying before withdrawal become magnified - minor annoyance become straight up irritations!

With the CNS is over sensitized as it is in withdrawal I know I was more irritable in general - I remember walking my dogs and feeling irritated when they wanted to stop and smell things - you know, normal dog behavior! 

I can only imagine how much more annoying than usual it would have been earlier in my withdrawal to hear the style of speech you're describing!

With the CNS is over sensitized as it is in withdrawal I know I was more irritable in general - I remember walking my dogs and feeling irritated when they wanted to stop and smell things - you know, normal dog behavior! 

You just reminded me of a moment in my journey. My dog was old and he passed late last year. A few months previous, I was in really awful withdrawals taking the dog a walk. About 30 mins in it was just getting ridiculous with the sniffing. I realised when I looked back after shouting that I was in such a filthy mood that I was frightening the little guy. He'd caught me up a bit but was cowering. He was blind and a bit sensitive to noise, so that was a factor. I immediately softened my voice and he came right to me. I made a big fuss of him telling him I'm sorry and he perked up for the rest of the journey, wagging his tail by my side and coming along when I gently told him to.

Well, I felt MUCH better and it made me see how other people were picking up my filthy mood as the dog did. It was a bit of a catalyst for positive change. Weird how it goes sometimes.

Yeah, I think if you are suffering enough you lash out at anything or anybody. 

Glad you had nice dogs to relate to ;)

My goodness that is annoying and I don’t think it has anything to do with benzos as my wife finds it annoying too.

We’re not weird, people who speak that way are!  :)

I also get annoyed when people say the word “important”. It is Im-port-tant.  Not Im-por-ent

" Imporent" ....hahahaha    Thats funny Rshack! and yes that would drive me up the wall.

Ok back to the thread..constant rise in inflection in annoying on any given day - not just benzo wd.

But I agree with others that I'm finding things that annoyed me before are definitely exacerbated during recovery.. (my husband likes to paper pile and I need order...ugh!!!; my teen daughters room... I'm seeing a theme starting here... apparently I need order..control..blah blah blah).

Barbarave: you're normal

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [Pa...]
    • [gr...]
    • [in...]
    • [Re...]
    • [Ev...]
    • [...]
    • [ro...]
    • [Gu...]
    • [PE...]
    • [Mi...]