Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

HELP! Need support after setback

[Su...]

This puts me in a tricky position. People can see for themselves that my posts aren't aggressive but they can't see the PM I sent. The whole reason I sent a PM was because I thought it was disrespectful to other members to reply to the various different threads my name has been plastered on. Here I am doing just that because the discussion about me is still happening.

People don't usually say "please" and ask politely when they are being aggressive. I explained that I wanted leann to stop misrepresenting my views (saying that I have said the opposite of what I really said) and stop insulting me in threads I haven't even posted in. If I was really being aggressive, the appropriate action would surely be to report the offending post(s) and then there would be absolutely no need to plaster the forum with posts about me.

edit: Meant to say for balance that I would describe the tone of the message I sent as polite and sympathetic.

SurreyGuy, apologies your thread got littered with this rubbish.

I didn't feel too great either after taking melatonin daily for a bit more than a week. I did have a couple of terrible nights of sleep after stopping but nothing major. Glad you haven't even had that and that you're feeling better for it. I find that melatonin is a valuable tool when I haven't had proper sleep for several nights in a row and I am feeling terrible. Perhaps you'll find some benefit using it a similar way, although if your sleep seems no different without taking it, maybe it won't help you the same.

SurreyGuy, apologies your thread got littered with this rubbish.

I didn't feel too great either after taking melatonin daily for a bit more than a week. I did have a couple of terrible nights of sleep after stopping but nothing major. Glad you haven't even had that and that you're feeling better for it. I find that melatonin is a valuable tool when I haven't had proper sleep for several nights in a row and I am feeling terrible. Perhaps you'll find some benefit using it a similar way, although if your sleep seems no different without taking it, maybe it won't help you the same.

Hello Diaz-e-BAM

No worries. Hopefully, our watchful administrators will sort that out and peace will reign again.

I think the melatonin may well have been the culprit in my case. I used to take 1mg before bed. Over the past week, I have been adding an extra 1mg every time I woke up in the middle of the night (up to 2 wake-ups as late as 3am or 4am, giving a total of 3mg). I think taking melatonin so close to the day wasn't a smart idea. I read somewhere that, in people susceptible to depression and anxiety (as we many of us are during/after benzo withdrawal), melatonin can cause short-term depression and anxiety, as well as nausea and abdominal cramps, all of which I experienced...

Of course, it could have been a wave from benzo (there is no rhyme or reason to them so it's hard to establish patterns and correlations) but I suspect melatonin was the culprit (well, one has to make sense of things...) Today has been a strikingly different day compared with yesterday: depression has lifted (up to a point), anxiety is much reduced, appetite is back and energy levels are up. Even the tinnitus was faint (though it did go up and down throughout the day). Those are encouraging signs, which I will cherish over the next few weeks...

I have not thrown away my bottle of melatonin. As you rightly write, they can play a role now and then.

Cheers

SG

After almost 11 months post-jump I had completely recovered. I took Klonopin 2 days in a row for sleep and I literally went right back to square one. Full acutes going on a little over 3 months now. I'm getting close to being completely well but still not there yet.

I wouldn't mess around with anything resembling a benzo. That's just me. Everyone is different but I'm obviously incredibly sensitive to this stuff and the risk isn't worth the reward.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [Ta...]
    • [...]
    • [bi...]
    • [Sw...]
    • [Do...]
    • [Gr...]
    • [fr...]
    • [Ho...]
    • [st...]
    • [Le...]
    • [Ex...]