Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Thanks for welcoming me.

[No...]

I was on on 3 mg of Ativan daily for  13 years, I never had problems with them for years and years. I guess I hit tolerance  at some point and they weren't working the same. So I started to taper through my psychiatrist. Once I got down to one milligram they switched me to Klonopin. I tapered that 1 M Klonopin down to nothing.  This took me years because I had no guidance or education on how to taper properly. I was off for a few months had some traumatic experiences and got extreme rebound anxiety. So I reinstated at 0.5 milligram Klonopin. I wasn't doing the proper things I should have been while I was off. I was microdosing having alcohol from time to time not eating right. Etc. I was just recently almost off again ready to jump at around 0.125 mg. I recently had some serious setbacks and my doctor put me back on 1mg. I was having extreme panic and did not know what else to do. So now I'm starting all over again with a taper from 1 mg and planning to do everything the proper way. I'm very afraid and I need support because my symptoms are worse than they've ever been.

[4a...]

Hello Nozomu and welcome to BenzoBuddies,

I am glad you have found our website.  I recently finished tapering from Klonopin and I kept wishing "life" would stand still until I got off but that was not the case for me either!

Goodness, those symptoms can be rough.  I've put a link below for you to the Withdrawl Support board:

Withdrawal Support (during your taper)

Take your time and get acquainted with BenzoBuddies.  I trust that like I did, you will find the information and support you need here for your journey.  When you feel ready, you can start a thread.  Our team and members are here to support you.

Best, and again, a warm welcome to you,

Kate

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [bh...]
    • [Le...]
    • [Re...]
    • [Ne...]
    • [...]
    • [Al...]
    • [Ye...]
    • [kn...]
    • [Ev...]