Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Weight Gain

[Nm...]

I’m on month 3. Haven’t changed my diet at all and I am a long distance runner. 5’2 always have been around 110 lbs. I’ve gained 5 lbs in 2 months and my benzo belly is terrible. 

How many of you have experienced weight gain? If so, what has helped you? What has helped you with benzo belly?

[ce...]

I’m on month 3. Haven’t changed my diet at all and I am a long distance runner. 5’2 always have been around 110 lbs. I’ve gained 5 lbs in 2 months and my benzo belly is terrible. 

How many of you have experienced weight gain? If so, what has helped you? What has helped you with benzo belly?

I will write in kg bc i dont know how much it is in lbs

My weigjt when CT was 49  kg in may 2017. In november 2018 i got seroquel and 6 months later my weight was 97 kg!😱

I didnt eat much at all. I started lxhf in jsnuary and lost 10 kg but cant lose my over weight🙄

Hi Nmarie34,

I can so relate.  I too am 5'2' and weighed 110 before all the benzo mess.  During acute, I gained 15 lbs.  As you know, with us petites, 15 lbs is a lot to gain.  I think partly because I could no longer exercise but also because of the incredible mess of our stress/hormone/cortisol system during this time.  I too had the benzo belly.  Nothing much helped until healing set in.  After healing, the 15 pounds came off without too much trouble, partly because I can exercise again like I used to and I could restrict calories like I could not do during acute.  Also I believe the hormone/stress/cortisol system came back into balance and helped too.  Try to not stress too much about the weight.  Just focus on eating a healthy diet and do the best you can.  I believe it will work itself out as you go down the healing path.

:smitten:

She

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [BN...]
    • [...]
    • [...]
    • [Ct...]
    • [Ro...]
    • [ho...]
    • [mo...]
    • [Sl...]
    • [Ga...]