Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

46 months and major set back

[Ma...]

Trigger warning ⚠️

Ok I’m sorry to post again so soon but I’m absolutely terrified and in hell! 😥 over there last week all my symptoms have increased dramatically and I have not been this bad since r scared since I was CT off Xanex 46 months ago. I don’t understand this anymore I don’t even know how it can be possible to be back in a level of hell that I was in right before my CT and the early months after but I am it’s like whatever has changed in the last week has sent me back to the beginning the physical symptoms in my head the head pressure acid burning ripping pulling binding in my head severe akathisia and pacing terror so bad and so intense I can’t even set still I can’t sleep I can’t think rage fits physically nauseous and sick so bad I’m either pacing the floor or laying in my bed moaning or rocking back and forth and the emotional symptoms are over the top insane feels like psychotic breakdown find myself even pacing and going to get a drink of water and forgetting what I was doing or what I went in the kitchen for I can’t even hardly stand up and hard to breathe air hunger is back this is crazy! It was so bad and so severe last night I didn’t even think I was gonna make it literally all these symptoms have went back to the level of hell I was in the beginning this is how it was when I was put in the hospital 46 months ago if I went back today I would be no better if not worse than I was then and I’m absolutely terrified!

I don’t understand I don’t know what could have changed so much to send me back into this level of hell its like I haven’t healed at all in 46 months and unfortunately because I was put back on Zoloft I’m the Hospital same time as my CT I don’t even know what’s causing what or what to do? I was so scared last night I thought I was gonna have to go back to the hospital which is something I wouldn’t do because they put me in this position to begin with!

I don’t know what I’m doing anymore nothing has changed any other than I had a tooth removed like 3 weeks ago and has to take some antibiotics actually a round and a half before it was pulled but this didn’t even hit like this till last week about two weeks after the dentist pulled my tooth and I’ve been off the antibiotics now for a couple of weeks but this is beyond hell 😥 I really don’t think I have healed at all in over 3 1/2 years and whatever has caused this massive increase and set back has sent me into a level of hell I didn’t think possible after 46 months! I’m so scared and just don’t know what to do 😥

Hi Maize

I have read that such setbacks can happen to some of us, many months or years after having seemingly recovered. Triggers may vary, it could be intense physical exercise, medications, some particularly stressful event, etc. From what I have read, a setback is just a setback, i.e. people tend to bounce back a bit faster than they did initially but I could be wrong...

What kind of antibiotics were you given? I believe there is a type known to impact on the CNS...

Hopefully, others who are better placed will contribute to your thread and offer some hopes.

SG

Hi Maize, I'm so sorry youre suffering so much, I'm an in antibiotic  setback myself right now and it's actually started like a week after I stopped the antibiotic  so I'm wondering if that was the cause of this  setback for you? What antibiotic did you take and for how long?

I’m sorry to hear that but I was put on amoxicillin for a week didn’t take out the infection so was switched to another one ampicillin I think for another week before my dentist could pull the tooth and then about a week or two after this hit 😥

Hi Maize, I am almost five years off a 40 year use of Valium and have been having weird symptoms, intense tingling over my whole body in the morning, severe upper back and shoulder pain and gastric issues......I was taking Trazodone for a year and a half and it made me feel very chilled out and allowed me to sleep, I got off it two months ago as it was causing issues, I was on a very small does 25 mgs for sleep at night.  I also had to take a round (7 days) of Doxycyclin for an attack of Diverticulitis......I am going into the hospital for a D & C on Friday and they want to give me a Benzo to bring my bp down, my blood pressure has been very high and if they can't get it down they won't operate......I am totally terrified by all this.  So sorry you are going through such a rough time.

I'm 18 months off and was going very good. I think you are right. I started exercise and running 2 weeks ago. The intense exercise has sent me back in acute or worse than acute.

My nervous system has back fired and I'm feeling currents in my body. I'm dropping things from my hand. My knees have severe nerve pain and I'm in hell.

I wish I knew that intense excan can send you back in hell.

So one thing is clear once you take a benzo you will never recover. The nervous system becomes sensitive and back fires at any moment.

So one thing is clear once you take a benzo you will never recover. The nervous system becomes sensitive and back fires at any moment.

Do you mean apart from the vast majority of people who report full recovery in the long term, as documented in the "Success Stories" subforum on Benzo Buddies? Apart from all those people who recover, everybody's nervous system is prone to backfiring so nobody makes a recovery. Except for all those people who make a recovery, that is?

Trigger warning ⚠️

Ok I’m sorry to post again so soon but I’m absolutely terrified and in hell! 😥 over there last week all my symptoms have increased dramatically and I have not been this bad since r scared since I was CT off Xanex 46 months ago. I don’t understand this anymore I don’t even know how it can be possible to be back in a level of hell that I was in right before my CT and the early months after but I am it’s like whatever has changed in the last week has sent me back to the beginning the physical symptoms in my head the head pressure acid burning ripping pulling binding in my head severe akathisia and pacing terror so bad and so intense I can’t even set still I can’t sleep I can’t think rage fits physically nauseous and sick so bad I’m either pacing the floor or laying in my bed moaning or rocking back and forth and the emotional symptoms are over the top insane feels like psychotic breakdown find myself even pacing and going to get a drink of water and forgetting what I was doing or what I went in the kitchen for I can’t even hardly stand up and hard to breathe air hunger is back this is crazy! It was so bad and so severe last night I didn’t even think I was gonna make it literally all these symptoms have went back to the level of hell I was in the beginning this is how it was when I was put in the hospital 46 months ago if I went back today I would be no better if not worse than I was then and I’m absolutely terrified!

I don’t understand I don’t know what could have changed so much to send me back into this level of hell its like I haven’t healed at all in 46 months and unfortunately because I was put back on Zoloft I’m the Hospital same time as my CT I don’t even know what’s causing what or what to do? I was so scared last night I thought I was gonna have to go back to the hospital which is something I wouldn’t do because they put me in this position to begin with!

I don’t know what I’m doing anymore nothing has changed any other than I had a tooth removed like 3 weeks ago and has to take some antibiotics actually a round and a half before it was pulled but this didn’t even hit like this till last week about two weeks after the dentist pulled my tooth and I’ve been off the antibiotics now for a couple of weeks but this is beyond hell 😥 I really don’t think I have healed at all in over 3 1/2 years and whatever has caused this massive increase and set back has sent me into a level of hell I didn’t think possible after 46 months! I’m so scared and just don’t know what to do 😥

At twenty two months out I had a tooth pulled coupled with having to take ABX which sent me on a path straight to hell for over two months!

I just had to take antibiotics for 3 days due to stye that wasnt resolving for 3 weeks. Had to get surgery and was put on antibiotics which I really didnt want to take. I am left with digestive problems and Im hoping this is all and hopefully gut microbiome return to normal in the following weeks..

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [bh...]
    • [Le...]
    • [Re...]
    • [Ne...]
    • [...]
    • [Al...]
    • [Ye...]
    • [kn...]
    • [Ev...]
    • [...]
    • [Ni...]