Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Appt with Mayo Clinic

[Fr...]

July 18 was my 2 year mark and if you have seen some more recent posts, some of my acute symptoms popped back up in mid June. My husband got worried and suggested I try another provider just to get a second opinion. I was able to get a virtual appt at the Mayo Clinic!!!! They have all of my records sent over from my old neurologist and I will be giving them in depth of my timeline from April 2018 until now of my withdrawal symptoms. I refuse to just accept this and not be vocal about it. I will let you guys know the outcome since my appt is later today. I am hoping the doctor comes with an open mind and can give us some answers on why doctors issue this poison for more than a few days! We will heal!!!! We have come to far to give up. 🙏🏽

Current Symptoms:

I am now having those creepy crawly sensations again, depersonalization is ramped back up, and of course head pressure. The pressure seems to be more concentrated around my eyes and ears now though. When it’s right behind my eyes, it’s hard for me to sleep or work. 😕

Appt with Mayo Clinic went really well. She recommended a machine call a Cefley (TENS Unit) and your can place on your head for 20 mins a day. She said the head pressure is more likely from me still healing but this should provide some relief without taking medication.

She also recommended taking Vitamin B2 (400 Mg) per day and Magnesium (200 mg) per day. I will wait until I am out of this eave to try the vitamins though. Anyone taken either of these and it didn’t ramp up or bring back withdraw symptoms?

Magnisium ramped up huge anxiety and insomnia for me after tapering off lexapro even before taking valium. Now my sensitivity to everything is through the sky.

Be careful even for the machine thing, I know some ppl got bad effects from it too.

Appt with Mayo Clinic went really well. She recommended a machine call a Cefley (TENS Unit) and your can place on your head for 20 mins a day. She said the head pressure is more likely from me still healing but this should provide some relief without taking medication.

She also recommended taking Vitamin B2 (400 Mg) per day and Magnesium (200 mg) per day. I will wait until I am out of this eave to try the vitamins though. Anyone taken either of these and it didn’t ramp up or bring back withdraw symptoms?

That's good news! Im glad the doc acknowledged healing! Was she a neurologist?

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [bh...]
    • [Le...]
    • [Re...]
    • [Ne...]
    • [...]
    • [Al...]
    • [Ye...]
    • [kn...]
    • [Ev...]
    • [...]
    • [Ni...]