Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

To work or not to work?

[55...]

[55...]

When is it time to start working again?

I guess if I’m asking then the answer is it’s too soon.  My mind still does not feel right and I have had a really hard two years.

I wanted to try something new but I have no idea what I could even be capable of.

Part of me is like okay, I’m financially stable for now but that’s not going to be forever...I’m struggling just “being,” I miss being an educator...

This is such a hard decision.  It's hard to know when to push yourself and add responsibilities and stresses to your life.  Some people find the structure and sense of purpose in working helps them get through withdrawal - it helps them focus on doing rather than their withdrawal symptoms. Of course it's daunting to think of going into a work situation when we're not feeling our best and of course Covid adds a whole other layer of stress.  Naturally we worry about meeting the standards we set for ourselves in our work and the expectations of others. I don't know if it's an option for you but would you be able to work part time? If you can this might be a good compromise.  This is a very personal decision.

Wishing you peace with whatever decision you make.

[55...]

Fiercelady

Tough one really... would you have the luxury of considering working from home?

SG

I love this idea...I wonder what type of work I could do from home.  I was hoping to be an online educator, but those positions are far and few between it seems.

I am open for suggestions :)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [bh...]
    • [Le...]
    • [Re...]
    • [Ne...]
    • [...]
    • [Al...]
    • [Ye...]
    • [kn...]
    • [Ev...]
    • [...]