Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Can’t keep eyes in focus

[ph...]

I’ve been off Benzos since November and didn’t really experience withdrawal post taper. In April though i made a lot of changes. Took a supplement that had ashwagandha in it, stopped it and had something probably triggered by benzo wd sensitivity. That resolved. Then i some some doctor who wanted me on an anti-candida diet, antifungals and all (including a powder that had some chamomile in it) so i started that (and quit my old supplement routine of Folate, turmeric, cbd, spearmint, inositol to do so) and the next day had confusion and brain fog. I did this until mid-may then quit the diet and supplement routine to see if symptoms improved. Didnt really.

So, tons of changes.. But a month ago i started having worse sleep and  a problem where i couldnt keep my eyes in focus. They just zone out 24/7. Physically my eyes go out constantly. I can refocus them but its exhausting. Therapist said it sounds like anxiety and DPDR related. But i dunno this is pretty different to me. I imagine it has something to do with long term benzo effects and big supplement and diet changes?

Anyone else have this vision issue?

I've not heard of this symptom before, could you explain it again, I'm not sure what you mean by this. "They just zone out 24/7. Physically my eyes go out constantly"

I've heard many members talk about supplements setting them back, I don't have any experience with them so can't speak to what you're dealing with. 

You know when you've pulled an all nighter and the next day your eyes zone out? They just glaze over (from the outside) and your eyes are not in focus. It's not quite blurry vision because when refocused things aren't blurry. But the default is for them to be zoned out.

• 6 months later...
my eyes are starting to go in and out of focus too!  Don't know what's up!  Even now typing this..... hard to do  on .25 of Ativan for sleep every evening. why did they say it's happening to you..This is just in the past two months for me.....

Phos I came here to tell you this is the last symptom I have and I can’t understand it

What is it like for you? How often does it happen?

my eyes are starting to go in and out of focus too!  Don't know what's up!  Even now typing this..... hard to do  on .25 of Ativan for sleep every evening. why did they say it's happening to you..This is just in the past two months for me.....

They told me it's "anxiety" -_- of course and diagnosed me with somatic symptom disorder. Great.

Yes typing can be hard; sometimes I let my eyes zone out while typing or doing any activity then check for errors after :/

Pho, are you still struggling with it? I’m so sorry....

I just noticed it popped up recently for me at 3 years out

Completely ridiculous this is happening to me.

I’m really ok until I try reading on my computer and then I’m screwed.

It’s also hard to drive because it causes eye pain when I hold my focus too long and I’ve also noticed relaxing my eyes out of focus brings relief.

Really difficult when I’m working and in school and the majority of it requires reading on a freakin computer.

I had issues with eye pain in my first year and I’m wondering if it was this back then too. I think I just didn’t realize it. A lot of old symptoms have been coming back for me but I also feel like I’m getting close to being healed. My eyes always hurt so so bad like my eye socket felt like someone was ripping out my eyeballs in my first year. The pain comes back now like that if I don’t relax my eyes and focus too hard. So it’s just eye muscles that are weakened and focusing is like using a muscle that is hurting and sore...

It’s not vertigo. It’s the eye muscles unable to hold steady. But thanks Jenny. Hope your vertigo goes away

I’ve had both and identify them as 2 separate symptoms

Yes I do still have it unfortunately.

Sounds like you've got a lot of rapid cycling symptoms so hopefully it'll be gone soon for you, but sorry you're stuck with it right now.

Computer vision issues can happen even outside benzo wd so makes sense! I feel you there though. Computer also worse for me, but can't avoid it due to school.

Interesting about dramamine, jennymalu!

Jenny

That is so sweet of you to come here and help! I’m glad your focus got better.

<3333

Pho

Let me know if/when yours improves! Rooting for you.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [bh...]
    • [Le...]
    • [Re...]
    • [Ne...]
    • [...]
    • [Al...]
    • [Ye...]
    • [kn...]
    • [Ev...]
    • [...]
    • [Ni...]