Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Tapering off Ativan - GAD & OCD

[Ja...]

Hello all, I've joined because I'm trying to taper off ativan, however I'm stimultaneously going through a seriously stressful life event. I suffer from extreme anxiety and obsessional thinking, and my 'clever' psychiatrist thought that needed them daily. I started at 1.5 mg daily in August 2019 and I'm currently at 5mg daily (down from 6). I am concerned about tapering futher due my my personal circumstances and I have contacted professional help to get further advice. My aim was to taper 0.5mg per month, but I don't feel I can endure any futher anxiety or distress.

Best wishes to all & thanks.

[db...]

Hello jay756 and welcome to BenzBuddies,

I'm glad you have found our community.  Many of us have had to hold our dose during a taper because of life circumstances.  I recently tapered off Klonopin after long-term use but I held for a while when Covid began in earnest because of anxiety.  If at all possible, flexibility in a taper schedule is preferred.

I've put a link below for you to the Ativan Support Group where you will find information and a community of people who are or have been where you are:

Ativan Tapering Thread

Take you time and get your footing and when you feel ready, you can start a thread.  Let us know how we can help you.

Best,

Kate

Hello Kate,

Many thanks for your message, advice, and link to the Ativan tapering thread,

Best wishes,

Jay

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [bh...]
    • [Le...]
    • [Re...]
    • [Ne...]
    • [...]