Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Anyone working with bad insomnia?

[bb...]

[bb...]

Hello dear community,

I am in a rough patch of insomnia after coming of a long taper of remeron-mirtazapine.

I am a teacher and will begin working in a few weeks.

I want to find fellow people who pushes trough despite of sleep challenges. Let's support each other on our way to better sleep. We will get better!

Put a post i the support boards under insomnia - you'll prob get a better response there.

I've read many who manage to work despite the insomnia. I don't know how!!

TheWay is a member who speaks a lot to that bc of his experience. His success story is inspiring. Check it out. :thumbsup:

My sleep has gotten better, but over the course of my journey off of benzos it is by far the last symptom to go - poor sleep. It's very rare that I have a full uninterrupted night of sleep. I get around 6 hours per night today. The first ~ 4 months post-jump I was literally sleeping around 2 hours per night and sometimes not at all.

One of the biggest things with insomnia for me is the mental anguish and self-talk that actually fuels more anxiety and less sleep when you're in that state. I get so angry that I can't fall asleep that it makes me less sleepy. I've used deep breathing and meditation to help, but it's still really challenging. "Full body exhale" "full body exhale" I repeat to myself. In the state of agitation fueled by WD, it's like every nerve is on edge waiting for something to happen. Like there's some virtue in being able to fight to the death at any moment when I'm obviously safe in my bed.  :laugh: :laugh: Getting to a place of acceptance with the absurdity of it all for me was one of the first steps toward improving. I also have had some success with CBD tincture - if that's legal in your country/state/etc.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [bh...]
    • [Le...]
    • [Re...]
    • [Ne...]
    • [...]
    • [Al...]
    • [Ye...]
    • [kn...]
    • [Ev...]
    • [...]
    • [Ni...]