Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Finally free.

[...]

Hello all. I'm a 37 years old male from Brazil on my path to recovery. I've been addicted to Clonazepam for 17 years and now I'm currently experiencing withdrawal effects.

Hello fm37 and Welcome to BenzoBuddies!

We're glad you joined us!  You'll find good information here and support from others who understand what you're going through. 

We support tapering with cuts of no more than 5-10% every 10-14 days or longer.  This helps minimize withdrawal symptoms and ensure you are able to function as well as possible.  Some members choose to make smaller cuts over longer periods time.  You'll find several tapering options to help you decide the right plan for you.

Please explore the site and feel free to post with your own questions. We recommend looking over The Ashton Manual, an excellent resource on benzo withdrawal.  Chapter III lists common symptoms.

Here are some links to boards that are especially relevant to you.

Planning Your Withdrawal (Taper Plans)

Withdrawal Support (during your taper)

Klonopin Klub #2

It’s helpful to create a signature so other members who want to reply to your posts can see where you are in the process. Here’s how to add your benzo info automatically to your posts: go to Profile, then Forum Profile, write your info (which benzo, dose, taper history) in the text box and save. Thanks! Let us know if you need help with this.

Again, welcome! 

Brighterday  :)

Hello all,

This forum has been immensely helpful to me when I decided to quit Clonazepam back in February 2020. Now that I consider to be on a more advanced stage, I would like to share with you all what my process is being like and I hope I can learn more from you and hopefully to inspire people.

As I said above I decided to quit Clonazepam back in February after 17 years abusing this drug to escape from all the pain that the world brings to me and from my childhood and adolescence memories. I have also abused this drug to be able to work long hours and make money.

I'm lucky to count with the support and love of my beautiful wife. She's a very competent physician and she is together with me when I need care the most.

I'm from Brazil and I'm fortunate enough to be able to access Ayahuasca. I had a lot of prejudice against this plant based medicine, but my prejudiced cracked when the overwhelming weight of my addiction smashed me in so many ways.

I'm an atheist so I can't speak for the mystical side that this plant has on so many people. To me this is medicine powerful enough to cleanse my body of this horrible drug Clonazepam.

So far I had 6 sessions with Ayahuasca and now I finally got rid of all withdrawal effects expect insomnia. I'm 25 days with no Clonazepam at all and I never felt so good.

Welcome FM37

I am fascinated by your post.  Ayahuasca is illegal in this country still but is being studied at some of the top universities in the country again.  I just read Michael Pollin's book called "How to Change Your Mind" and it is amazing. It is a book about psychedelics and how they can teach us about consciousness, dying, addiction, depression and transcendence. It's so sad that our government with the help from obstructionist doctors in the mental health field is keeping this powerful natural drug from being used in micro doses when previous experiments showed it to be so successful. 

There are some new studies just lately approved in California to restart testing, especially in the use of terminal cancer patients.  My N.D. daughter has sent me some links for some proposed seminars and studies but I would love to learn more from you about your experience.  She also had a wonderful experience with Ayahuasca in Bolivia.

I didn't check to see if you had a P.M. link on this site but I would appreciate being able to write to you. I was on clonazepam for 17 years also and am 13 months off with acute symptoms still, as well as much healing.  I hope you can respond to my PM link.

I am glad to answer any questions you have of me a well.  I truly had thought my experience in withdrawal would have been worse with such a high dose for so long.  I follow a pretty strict protocol as far as diet, nutrition and exercise which I believe has helped my recovery.

Welcome to BB's and I look forward to hearing more from you.

Klonkar

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [BN...]
    • [...]
    • [...]
    • [Ct...]
    • [Ro...]
    • [ho...]
    • [mo...]
    • [Sl...]
    • [Ga...]
    • [Ko...]