Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Finally getting off valium

[ab...]

I started using diazepam 15 years ago when I found myself trapped in an abusive marriage. Due to financial and health obstacles it took that long to escape. I am out and stable and have the time and opportunity to withdraw from my dependence on 10-15mg at night to sleep, and occasional 5mg doses as needed.

Hello abitweary and Welcome to BenzoBuddies!

We're glad you've joined us! I'm sorry you've been through such a hard time. Now that you're here you'll find good information and support from a caring community to help you with your plan to withdraw from diazepam. 

A slow taper is usually recommended with cuts of no more than 5-10% every 10-14 days or longer in some cases. This helps minimize withdrawal symptoms and helps you function as well as possible.

Please take your time to familiarize yourself with the forum.  Feel free to post with your questions.  Here are some links to help you get started.

The Ashton Manual - an excellent resource about benzo withdrawal

Planning Your Withdrawal (Taper Plans)

Withdrawal Support (during your taper)

It’s helpful to create a signature so other members who want to reply to your posts can see where you are in the process. Here’s how to add your benzo info automatically to your posts: go to Profile, then Forum Profile, write your info (which benzo, dose, taper history) in the text box and save. Thanks! Let us know if you need help with this.

We're glad you found us!  Please reach out for support.

Brighterday.  :)

Thank you. I heard about this forum on the benzoinfo.com blog. I will probably read more than post at least at first. It’s wonderful to have this forum so we don’t feel alone in this struggle.

Yes, it can be very lonely.  Here, being among others who understand and have walked this walk can mean the world.

Good plan to read the wealth of good information and member experiences -  arming yourself with knowledge is empowering!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [bh...]
    • [Le...]
    • [Re...]
    • [Ne...]
    • [...]
    • [Al...]
    • [Ye...]
    • [kn...]
    • [Ev...]
    • [...]
    • [Ni...]