Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Exercise

[Ka...]

I am in my final stages of titration using liquid Valium.  I started the end of Feb. 2020, and am now down to 12 mg. With reducing 2 mg a week.  I was on klonopin for 15+ years.  I am experiencing withdrawal symptoms like shaking and anxiety, but, am hopeful that with reduction and counseling I will get through this.  My question is has anyone had shaking during exercise and then extreme shaking after the exercise is over?

O my goodness.  Congratulations.  I was on Clonazepam for 12 years.  I'm am in the final stages of my taper.  First of all yes... I have always been physical in work and play.  I have ended up in dire straits from over-doing it.  My muscles clamp down and won't release at times and I get real sore the next day.  I can get severe exhaustion where I'm just curled up in a ball if I don't recognise when to stop!  Then I get air hunger, muscle tightness and vibrating.  Compared to most your taper is very fast.  You might find that as you reach the final part of, you need to slow it down!  It's great that you are exercising.  I think it can speed up the healing and renewal process... God bless.

Hi! Def slow down the taper. I've always been a very active person, and under normal circumstances exercise is a key to healing...BUT its very different in WD form benzos bc our nervous system is sooo stressed. Over exertion commonly throws people in to a wave or a very definitive uptick in symptoms.

The key here is moderation.Like a walk. Some people have a hard time with even that. You are not going to benefit from pushing yourself hard.

:smitten:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [BN...]
    • [...]
    • [...]
    • [Ct...]
    • [Ro...]
    • [ho...]
    • [mo...]
    • [Sl...]
    • [Ga...]
    • [Ko...]