Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Tolerence

[Li...]

I got it and Dr. made me worse.  Was on 2 mg Ativan daily, tolerance w/d happening and I asked to taper as I realized what was happening. Instead I listened to Dr. as I trusted him after being his patient for 30 years. He crossed me over to 3 Mg Clonazepam and said you will be on this for rest of your life.  I tolerated on clonazepam within 6 months, just like I did on Ativan.  So I am on a super super slow taper of Clonazepam that benzo buddies helped me design as my doctor had no clue and only bad advice.  I am sorry to think I am probably not the only person that was dealt with this way.  He said “i have been undertreating you” since I was having withdrawal symptoms on Ativan.” So he treated me like I was an elephant, not the skinny very sick girl I was. 

Sorry to sound bitter but truth is I am.  I see no excuse for no informed consent about these drugs when they have been around so long. I hope you realize some people do get tolerance withdrawal and it’s a sign to do something but not take a stronger drug at a larger dose for a long period.  I blame myself....  Do your homework here so you can have a discussion about a reasonable solution.  Wish you all the best, Suzuka9

I completely get your pain in this! My husband and I both sat together in front of my "wellness Dr." and explained that I had anxiety and needed help with it. I also  told him my history of being a recovering alcoholic then almost died from taking Ambien. It's amazing with him knowing my history that he would put me on this poisonous Klonopin and tell me to stay on it as long as I wanted and it should be okay. So it truly is incredible that these doctors don't know how damaging these benzos are. Thank God we are here on Benzo Buddies because I don't know what I would have done without them. Best wishes to you and keep reaching out on this forum because they have really helped me a lot.

• 2 weeks later...

I am in tolerance wd, and am so sorry you find yourself here. I do not want to updose any longer. But my pain (reason I was prescribed K) is bad, and not well managed with the cocktail I was prescribed.

Best,

Sun

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [BN...]
    • [...]
    • [...]
    • [Ct...]
    • [Ro...]
    • [ho...]
    • [mo...]
    • [Sl...]
    • [Ga...]