Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Leaving Benzobuddies

[23...]

[23...]
I'm not sure why your mad about what I posted above. All I said was I can't afford to cold turkey or rapid taper and risk more symtoms because I'm barely hanging on right now...

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Me...]

• [Ic...]

• [Ma...]

• [di...]

[23...]
I have no idea why I'm so severe. The benzo cold turkey and polydrugging has destroyed my brain. I can barely make it through the minutes Im so trapped in my mind.

I have no idea why I'm so severe. The benzo cold turkey and polydrugging has destroyed my brain. I can barely make it through the minutes Im so trapped in my mind.

Have you tried a diet? I was (still am to be honest) reluctant to changing my diet since I have eaten this way all of my 32 years of life. But, after reading BB posts, I think it is beneficial to start a strict low-histamine AND low-fodmap diet. Basically, I will be eating VERY bland foods for the next 4 weeks. Several people on here have said that sugar or high histamine foods are causing their headaches. I noticed after eating my high gluten, sugary, fat meals, I have leg cramps, severe depression, stomach issues and what feels like a knot in my stomach, and brain fog that even prevents me from watching TV. Also, are you seeing a therapist? I DO NOT trust medication anymore, but I am thinking of seeing a therapist again to help sort out all of my emotions and anxiety. Please do not think that I am saying that you aren't trying hard enough. But, I often wonder even with myself, if the fix could be something as simple as a diet change or working through my PTSD. I think that withdrawals may be worse for those of us who have always suffered from depression because now we are in withdrawals and have lingering issues that can no longer be suppressed by meds. You're young which is why you are so angry, and I get that. You're having a more difficult time because you are in the prime of your life and this happened. I think you should stick around BB, but instead of posting or looking through the daily boards, search for solutions. Like, I search for things such as supplements, stomach pain, diets, and caffeine. This helps me to get a clear picture of what is wrong and how to fix it. I know now that I can't take magnesium, B12, or any GABA supplements. My stomach pain can be caused by leaky gut or SIBO due to years of a horrible diet. It's possible that changing my diet can clear up achy joints, stomach pain, brain fog, and these mood fluctuations that have been diagnosed as Bi Polar II. 

[23...]

Have you tried a diet? I was (still am to be honest) reluctant to changing my diet since I have eaten this way all of my 32 years of life. But, after reading BB posts, I think it is beneficial to start a strict low-histamine AND low-fodmap diet. Basically, I will be eating VERY bland foods for the next 4 weeks. Several people on here have said that sugar or high histamine foods are causing their headaches. I noticed after eating my high gluten, sugary, fat meals, I have leg cramps, severe depression, stomach issues and what feels like a knot in my stomach, and brain fog that even prevents me from watching TV. Also, are you seeing a therapist? I DO NOT trust medication anymore, but I am thinking of seeing a therapist again to help sort out all of my emotions and anxiety. Please do not think that I am saying that you aren't trying hard enough. But, I often wonder even with myself, if the fix could be something as simple as a diet change or working through my PTSD. I think that withdrawals may be worse for those of us who have always suffered from depression because now we are in withdrawals and have lingering issues that can no longer be suppressed by meds. You're young which is why you are so angry, and I get that. You're having a more difficult time because you are in the prime of your life and this happened. I think you should stick around BB, but instead of posting or looking through the daily boards, search for solutions. Like, I search for things such as supplements, stomach pain, diets, and caffeine. This helps me to get a clear picture of what is wrong and how to fix it. I know now that I can't take magnesium, B12, or any GABA supplements. My stomach pain can be caused by leaky gut or SIBO due to years of a horrible diet. It's possible that changing my diet can clear up achy joints, stomach pain, brain fog, and these mood fluctuations that have been diagnosed as Bi Polar II.

Yes I only eat like 10 different foods. No sugar, gluten, dairy, alcohol, caffeine. I've been eating like this for 19 months.

[23...]

I spent the good part of 18 months looking for solutions etc. There is none. People severe like me either ended up back on other psych drugs and stablized or are not around anymore to ask.

I spent the good part of 18 months looking for solutions etc. There is none. People severe like me either ended up back on other psych drugs and stablized or are not around anymore to ask.

This is YOUR personal opinion. Here are many other members who defenetly disagree with this statement. And thats enough to say for me, if you want to stick to this belief, no matter how much people here are trying to tell you that there are other options.. well, then go for it. I am off.

Perth, I'm suffering greatly.  I can barely move tonght because I feel so sick.  I'm lying here on the sofa and my stomach on the left side is killing me, I'm in so much pain.  I'm severely damaged from the benzo's and you are not alone.  I have severe OCD, depression, anhedonia, and have been housebound for about six years now.  I'm in a living nightmare I cannot wake up from.  On top of that, just about everything scares me.  I have terrible fear too and also bad dreams at night and insomnia. 

[23...]
Marigold1 - What other options do I have right now? I would do anything not to suffer like this. I'm literally holding on by a thread and can't do it much longer.

Perth22 if your life is on the line are you a believer at all? My faith has kept me alive no joke. If it wasn’t for my faith I wouldn’t be here. I have suffered so badly all my symptoms are basically physical. I have been to the ER 5 times since January not including all the dr visits. I have dealt with Akathisia recently from antibiotics, terror, nightmares, muscle spasms, migraines for days on end, dystonia, panic attacks, over active bladder just to name a few. There is so much more. I was basically completely healed at 13 months off and got pregnant and had a few mild waves. In January cleaning Products made me go back into the worst acute setback wave I have ever been in. Honestly I just take one day at a time though and pray and cling to Jesus. He’s my only Hope through all of this. I know your suffering greatly a lot of us are. I have 3 kids under 8 to take care of, and it’s super hard when you feel like this.

Perth22 if your life is on the line are you a believer at all? My faith has kept me alive no joke. If it wasn’t for my faith I wouldn’t be here. I have suffered so badly all my symptoms are basically physical. I have been to the ER 5 times since January not including all the dr visits. I have dealt with Akathisia recently from antibiotics, terror, nightmares, muscle spasms, migraines for days on end, dystonia, panic attacks, over active bladder just to name a few. There is so much more. I was basically completely healed at 13 months off and got pregnant and had a few mild waves. In January cleaning Products made me go back into the worst acute setback wave I have ever been in. Honestly I just take one day at a time though and pray and cling to Jesus. He’s my only Hope through all of this. I know your suffering greatly a lot of us are. I have 3 kids under 8 to take care of, and it’s super hard when you feel like this.

What cleaning products sent you back to acute? Do you have an idea as to why that may have happened?

Bleach, Lysol and hand sanitizer. After I had my baby in September I developed germ ocd, and used so much Lysol constantly used hand sanitizer. After I used the bleach I’d enveloped dystonia and than I got hit with the worst benzo flu. I became Sensitive to all chemicals after that and I can’t even be around perfume, cleaning products. I took 2 doses of Amoxicillin in March and it caused Akathisia. Never had Thats symptom ever before. I had to take a antibiotic last month for Mastitis and by far was the worst experience my entire life. I ended up in the ER with the worst mental/ physical Akathisia. It caused psychosis and severe muscle spasms. It was traumatic. I’ve been to so many drs and no dr can figure out what is causing all these issues. I’m 30 months off and so confused because I had a month here or there of zero symptoms. Come January I have had like 3 days since January of no symptoms. It’s been BRUTAL!

I'm leaving benzo buddies.  There is nothing on here I haven't read or don't know at this point.  It seems you either heal significantly in the first 2 years or suffer indefinitely.

The longer you are in this the more you become aware.

I might back to write a success story.  I might not.

Take care everyone.

Truer words where never spoken.   

Sometimes Gene's change and can't put themselves back in order.  They simply need "mothers little helper" to aid them into an artificial "normal".    The GABR3G gene is a 10,000 year old terror in the making.  What started off with copious amounts of wine drinking from thousands of years changed Genes and ended up in benzo's for us modern folk, basically powdered Alcohol in pill format.  An old enemy awakens.

https://www.niaaa.nih.gov/research/major-initiatives/collaborative-studies-genetics-alcoholism-coga-study

But I think fast tapers are responsible for many permanent problems too.  For some of use 5 year long tapers are the best way out. Gene's do change back if you can keep them out of shock!!!

BRAIN SHOCK EXPLAINED - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Excitotoxicity

Take Care :smitten:

[23...]

I believe in Spirituality but not Jesus.  He hasn't answered anyones prayers in 1000s of years and won't start now. No offense but I would glady take physical symptoms over mental.  I suffered physical anxiety symptoms most my life but mental is by far the worst.

[23...]

I'm leaving benzo buddies.  There is nothing on here I haven't read or don't know at this point.  It seems you either heal significantly in the first 2 years or suffer indefinitely.

The longer you are in this the more you become aware.

I might back to write a success story.  I might not.

Take care everyone.

Truer words where never spoken.   

Sometimes Gene's change and can't put themselves back in order.  They simply need "mothers little helper" to aid them into an artificial "normal".    The GABR3G gene is a 10,000 year old terror in the making.  What started off with copious amounts of wine drinking from thousands of years changed Genes and ended up in benzo's for us modern folk, basically powdered Alcohol in pill format.  An old enemy awakens.

https://www.niaaa.nih.gov/research/major-initiatives/collaborative-studies-genetics-alcoholism-coga-study

But I think fast tapers are responsible for many permanent problems too.  For some of use 5 year long tapers are the best way out. Gene's do change back if you can keep them out of shock!!!

BRAIN SHOCK EXPLAINED - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Excitotoxicity

Take Care :smitten:

I'm not sure what to think/do with this information?  Go back on benzos and hope to stabalize?

Edit: Mixed Quote.

I believe in Spirituality but not Jesus.  He hasn't answered anyones prayers in 1000s of years and won't start now. No offense but I would glady take physical symptoms over mental.  I suffered physical anxiety symptoms most my life but mental is by far the worst.

He’s answered many of my prayers! I’ve been healed of many things too. As far as wishing you had my symptoms once again you don’t know what I’m going through. Just as I don’t know what your going through. It’s not a contest who is worse here. I’ve asked you before and I will ask again have you told your dr your having this issue? It’s listed as a side effect, so why not taper faster so you can have some relief???? Racing thoughts is literally a side effect of Remeron.

[23...]

He’s answered many of my prayers! I’ve been healed of many things too. As far as wishing you had my symptoms once again you don’t know what I’m going through. Just as I don’t know what your going through. It’s not a contest who is worse here. I’ve asked you before and I will ask again have you told your dr your having this issue? It’s listed as a side effect, so why not taper faster so you can have some relief???? Racing thoughts is literally a side effect of Remeron.

I've been posting about racing thoughts and looping on my other accounts Kornyboyo1919 and failureisnotanoption since November 2018.  5 months ago it morphed into somthing else.  I've had severe mental symptoms for 19 months 24/7.  Everyone tells me don't taper fast.  Not sure what to think.  Yes I've told my doctor he just wants me on other SSRI'S.  I've been in and out of psych wards 6 times this year. Nothing helps.

[23...]

I'm thinking of tapering 10% a week but then I freak out and remember people who CT of rapid tapered remeron and are many years of with akathisia etc. 

I feel for you I really do! I had Akathisia after the antibiotics and I cried constantly because it was mental torture. I dealt with horrible fear of my own thoughts after doing a CT off gaba supplements I couldn’t even watch tv. My own thoughts scared me I literally over analyzed everything. It lasted for like 6 months for me than left. Our brains heal it takes time. That’s what is hard is waiting.

[23...]

I feel for you I really do! I had Akathisia after the antibiotics and I cried constantly because it was mental torture. I dealt with horrible fear of my own thoughts after doing a CT off gaba supplements I couldn’t even watch tv. My own thoughts scared me I literally over analyzed everything. It lasted for like 6 months for me than left. Our brains heal it takes time. That’s what is hard is waiting.

Yes that's exactly how I am for 19 months now.  Scared of every thought in my head.  I quit cigarettes 2 months ago. I need to get off remeron but don't know how.  I've on from 15 to 9.25 in 3.5 months with no change in symptoms or intensity.

Perth I messaged you.

Unintended consequence of my new propranolol (I have no choice but to take it)

Is that I felt relaxed all day. My thoughts can’t loop even if they wanted to. I feel great. Just an idea

Get off the Remeron!!

well Birman just officially scared the hell out of all the members still healing....could we please put that info in the repository threads and not in the mainstream? Those who have bad anxiety don't need that right now:)

Perth, people generally smoke to ease anxiety. If you quit, it may be that your GABA is all over the place from having been down regulated for so long. Also, do they put you on more meds when in the psych ward? If so, that can be why you're so sick. For one, these wards tend to drug people WHILE they are there, but send them home cold turkey. Stop going to the wards if you can help it. People on BB say that just makes everything worse.

[23...]

Perth, people generally smoke to ease anxiety. If you quit, it may be that your GABA is all over the place from having been down regulated for so long. Also, do they put you on more meds when in the psych ward? If so, that can be why you're so sick. For one, these wards tend to drug people WHILE they are there, but send them home cold turkey. Stop going to the wards if you can help it. People on BB say that just makes everything worse.

I was put on remeron and Seroquel in the psych ward the 2nd time I was Baker acted. Stopped Seroquel. The second to last time I was on zyprexa for a week or so. I refused meds every other time.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [Ho...]
    • [Ta...]
    • [Jo...]
    • [Sk...]
    • [...]
    • [To...]
    • [bi...]
    • [Sw...]
    • [Do...]
    • [Gr...]
    • [fr...]