Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Looping for hours

[ea...]

[ea...]

My brain keeps giving me random stuff that I feel a need to find.  Right now I've been trying to find a random video saw a few days ago or a week ago, on and off for hours.

The thought just loops in my head nonstop.  Sometimes they stick and other times they don't.

If I fight with all my power not to try and find what my brain wants me to find it still loops for hours on end until it stops or the next thought replaces.

I'm going absolutely mental with this symptom and don't know how to handle it because either way I lose. If i dont look for the thing my brain loops on it but I can spend hours looking and not find it because some of the loops are impossible to find.

Did you feel this way on Benzos? After reading all of your posts you don’t seem crazy or insane. This all seems like super high anxiety to me. I know you say you can’t distract, but I think the symptoms are causing you so much distress. Being stressed out about it is going to make your symptoms worse. It’s a vicious cycle you are in. I’ve been there when my brain is in a hyper excited state. Do you do anything to try to calm yourself down?

[ea...]

Did you feel this way on Benzos? After reading all of your posts you don’t seem crazy or insane. This all seems like super high anxiety to me. I know you say you can’t distract, but I think the symptoms are causing you so much distress. Being stressed out about it is going to make your symptoms worse. It’s a vicious cycle you are in. I’ve been there when my brain is in a hyper excited state. Do you do anything to try to calm yourself down?

No i never felt this way on benzos or before.  I was only on for 3.5 weeks before they turned on me.  Nothing calms me down because I have these symptoms literally all day long 24/7.

The amount of damage these drugs can cause is incomprehensible. I took valium for a month, and I am suffering so bad at 30 months off. I have so many physical symptoms though. These drugs should be banned everywhere.

Yeah man, same exact thing here. And it's just constant insane introspection and confused thoughts. Hyperawareness of thoughts. It's bizarre. Can't control the thoughts or shut off the progression. Just kind of have to live with the haywire mental brain and try to survive. Not sure really what else the answer is.

I looked up side effects of Remeron. It says call your dr if you have racing thoughts. Confusion, racing thoughts are side effects It says. Have you asked your dr about it???

[ea...]

I looked up side effects of Remeron. It says call your dr if you have racing thoughts. Confusion, racing thoughts are side effects It says. Have you asked your dr about it???

YES but I can't just stop it cold turkey I've been on it for a year.

[ea...]

I think it means racing thoughts more in the sense of mania.

I dont know, man. I was never on Remeron and I've got the same shit that was pretty much ignited by benzo withdrawal. I've also had it completely go away. I honestly just think its healing. I had it 24/7 for 2 years after my cold turkey. But then in year 3 it started puttering out for no reason and I thought I was healed for 2 months. Hang in there, there's an end to this. 

My brain feels like something is wrong and is constantly ruminating/introspecting. I cant stop it and it makes me feel insane. I dont think there's anything you can do to make it better. Its just going to be there until its not.

The only thing I've found that even remotely helps is to just let your brain be in chaos even if that means feeling like you're struggling all day. It will get better on its own.

[ea...]

I dont know, man. I was never on Remeron and I've got the same shit that was pretty much ignited by benzo withdrawal. I've also had it completely go away. I honestly just think its healing. I had it 24/7 for 2 years after my cold turkey. But then in year 3 it started puttering out for no reason and I thought I was healed for 2 months. Hang in there, there's an end to this. 

My brain feels like something is wrong and is constantly ruminating/introspecting. I cant stop it and it makes me feel insane. I dont think there's anything you can do to make it better. Its just going to be there until its not.

The only thing I've found that even remotely helps is to just let your brain be in chaos even if that means feeling like you're struggling all day. It will get better on its own.

What I am experiencing now is different to what I was experiencing 5 months ago. Now it feels like my brain is just latching onto everythng and anything and wanting to know where i saw it, what it means, etc etc. If i don't figure it out it loops for hours. Like a puzzle that can't be solved. If I forget something my brain locks and frreezes on that thing in my head. Along with all the other symptoms I've had since day one. Is it normal for symptoms to morph and new ones to develop?  I've gone from 15mg to 9.25 of remeron and don't feel much difference in symptoms.  Stopping smoking has eased the insane racing thoughts a little bit.  I've been looking into memantine lately.  I need something to ease this suffering. 

[ea...]

Do you think you will ever give in and start trying other drugs or modalities? 

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [je...]
    • [Jo...]
    • [...]
    • [An...]
    • [Pi...]
    • [PE...]
    • [...]
    • [...]
    • [Vi...]
    • [SB...]
    • [Ma...]