Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

For lack of knowledge

[Aw...]

I am joining for support and to learn from the community.

I am taking Ativan 3.5 daily and trying to taper by .05 per month. I started almost 2 years ago when I was overmedicated by a Dr. My initial dose was 6mg. As the Bible says My people perish for lack of knowledge. I soon turned into a zombie on that dose. But when I tried getting off, I was trapped.I had no idea this drug could be so devastating.

There really is so little awareness as to what you will go through while on it and while getting off.. The Benzo Coalition in MA. is a Great source of info. Truly tell it like it is.

Hello Awayout, Welcome to BenzoBuddies!

I don't doubt you were a zombie, that's a pretty heavy dose to start out on, I'm happy to see you've reduced it by so much.  Your taper sounds very sensible so I guess you don't need a link to our taper methods, but let me know if you'd like more information.

If you'd like to connect with others about your situation, please feel free to start a thread on the  Withdrawal Support (during your taper), we understand what you're feeling and know how difficult this is.

I'm glad you were able to find an organization to help you through this, I hope we can be of service to you as well.

Please let us know how we can help you, we're glad you found us.

Pamster

Thank you Pamster for warm welcome and empathy. I really appreciate it. I feel like Casandra when telling people. It is as if the makers of the drug know that no one will believe you.

Thank you again.

Welcome Awayout,

Wow you have done a great job on your own tapering from 6 mg to 3.5. Like many of us when we first took it we had no idea that coming off would be such a struggle.

It does sound like you have a sensible handle on your taper. Benzo Buddies is a place where you can get great support and not feel alone.  No one here will treat you like Cassandra. That can be a tough thing when no one understands or believe you.

I too am tapering off A.  We have a thread specific to those of us tapering off Ativan.  It is a very positive supportive group. We encourage and help each other though this.  One of our group in fact started tapering from 6 mg and just took her last dose yesterday and is Benzo free.

You are welcome to post in the thread. Link below.

Ativan Tapering Thread

So glad you found Benzo Buddies.

JuJuBi

Initial dose was 6 mg?!!! Wow..always blown away by the bad doctors out there. any med should be started at the lowest dose possible!

Anyway....I am truly sorry about that. I too was an ativan user.

Welcome to the site..lots of support and info here. You've tapered a lot already so that is amazing! You're not a newbie to the process/journey - so you know what this is about.. ;)

We're all in this together:)

Thank you Trina. Thank you Jujubi. Have any of you heard of NAD BR as a detox?

Not sure if it is worth it. Sticking to taper for now.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [bh...]
    • [Le...]
    • [Re...]
    • [Ne...]
    • [...]
    • [Al...]
    • [Ye...]
    • [kn...]
    • [Ev...]
    • [...]
    • [Ni...]