Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Myoclonic Jerks

[AK...]

Hello all

I have been away from Clonazepam for about a month.  I am having several side effects, with the worst being jerks (particularly at night). It is very scary.  Is this a typical symptom and what experience did you have with this symptom?  Any help would be appreciated

Hi AKbenzohelp,

These jerks are very common in withdrawal.  I had them earlier in withdrawal, got woken up by them a few times, and still get them very occasionally.  Some members have more trouble with them than others.  But like other withdrawal symptoms, they tend to fade with time and healing.

I hope yours ease up soon!

I hope it reassures you to know that they are a very common symptom, are benign and they do clear up. I totally get why they might seem alarming and definitely get how they can be debilitating. But you will be alright.

I had these jerks when i first was in WD and they were pretty bad. Anytime I would even get close to falling asleep I would as if someone had come up behind me and shoved me. Thats how bad mine were. I hadnt had them in a year but the other day I had a couple of them,

[dc...]

Agreed - very common.  I had them too.  Sometimes vivid dreaming would accompany them.

Try not to get upset when it happens.  It's definitely unnerving when it happens, but once you begin to gain your senses, try to remain calm.  Don't get angry or sad about it.  Adding emotion to this won't help.  Let it pass.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [je...]
    • [Jo...]
    • [...]
    • [An...]
    • [Pi...]
    • [PE...]
    • [...]
    • [...]
    • [Vi...]
    • [SB...]
    • [Ma...]