Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Sun/Heat intolerance

[CM...]

Anyone intolerant to being in the sun/heat?

As soon as I go outside if it’s over 80 degrees I get thrown into a wave.

Immediate pins and needles all over my brain and body. It’s like it throws my brain into a gear it can’t handle. Is this withdrawal?

Hyperthermia.  I got to the point that I could not sit next to my wife or kids for more than a few minutes before being overcome by their body heat.  Had to stop warm showers, warm coffee, warm tea, warm soup, warm food, sun, hats, glasses, welding hood, masks(anything blocking the body's radiator= your head), etcetera.

Yes, same here. I have a hard being in the sun for a short time. I get very uncomfortable, triggers my anxiety, panic, nausea, heat stroke, sob, just to name a few. I don't do hot showers, hot foods, hot places. Definitely has to do with our withdrawal from benzos, cns is very sensitive, brain and body telling us it's try to heal.

I go to sleep totally naked (literally naked) under air conditioner and with extra 2 fans going on directly at my body and still can't sleep.

P.s. I do this even in winter.

Yes! I have this also!  If I am out in the heat for more than a few minutes I begin to become symptomatic, dizzy, lightheaded, etc. I also noticed this winter that the extreme cold will do the same thing to me. Our CNS must be so damaged!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [bh...]
    • [Le...]
    • [Re...]
    • [Ne...]
    • [...]
    • [Al...]
    • [Ye...]
    • [kn...]
    • [Ev...]
    • [...]
    • [Ni...]