Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Severe leg pain

[He...]

I am experiencing severe leg pains mostly at night.  They aren’t cramps, just a deep pain which makes it difficult to lie still or sleep well.  (Strangely enough, my insomnia isn’t bad at all right now when the pains are absent).  I’ve tried magnesium oil, thc creams, massages and nothing seems to help.  I have acupuncture weekly which overall seems to be helping with withdrawal sx.  I am tapering crazy slow at .01mg water taper.  When I try to increase that even slightly my other symptoms kick in so I am staying low and slow with 405 days to go.  Anything else I should try for the legs?  Thanks

Note: Don't follow my advice without talking to your doctor. This is what worked for ME. I've had leg cramps for years and I know how horrible that is, especially trying to sleep. The ONLY help I've gotten was from my doctor, taking Tizanadine at bedtime. I really wanted to avoid another drug, but I had tried exercise and all the different supplements with no help: magnesium, calcium, other vitamins, etc. The drug really helped me, but it does have some side effects. You take it at bed time and don't plan on getting up because of dizziness. Obviously I'm not qualified to recommend anything to you, but this was successful for me. Maybe you should discuss it with your doctor. BTW, I did not find this drug as one to become dependent on it. Over time, I've gone from using it almost every night to now perhaps once a week, so the drug helped reduce the frequency of leg pains. Good luck to you. :thumbsup:8)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [je...]
    • [Jo...]
    • [...]
    • [An...]
    • [Pi...]
    • [PE...]
    • [...]
    • [...]
    • [Vi...]
    • [SB...]
    • [Ma...]