Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Trying to keep positive but struggling as symptoms increase

[ch...]

Well  just another day in paradise as Phil Collins once sang,  and I remember that well as I heard it playing many years back and it was just that,

I had been so fortunate to be taken on holiday to St Lucia and I was looking out from my balcony over the pool ,

I felt relaxed and well and the sun was shining, 

Little did I know that this could happen , and paradise is lost,

Now who said that , Ah yes, Milton , 

Now my idea of paradise  would be to have my life back  Just to be calm without the daily rise of fear dread and panic, without the rumbling drone in my head, , without the  weak feeling in my muscles and the numbness through my hands face and feet, without the insomnia,  without this never ending fatigue, and on and on ,

Just to be back to me before this ever happened, that would be paradise and I wont ever take it for granted again #

I do hope it's not too far away as I try to get through each day the best I can , waiting for bed time and sleep so that I can escape for a brief time and think that tomorrow might be better because we never know the day

One day this horrendous noise will drop and I will listen to Phil Collins once again

I do hope it wont take too long as I don't have lots of it left to me , so fingers crossed  and everything else I can think of

Wishing us all  healing

Jen

Well  just another day in paradise as Phil Collins once sang,  and I remember that well as I heard it playing many years back and it was just that,

I had been so fortunate to be taken on holiday to St Lucia and I was looking out from my balcony over the pool ,

I felt relaxed and well and the sun was shining, 

Little did I know that this could happen , and paradise is lost,

Now who wrote that , Ah yes, Milton , 

Now my idea of paradise  would be to have my life back  Just to be calm without the daily rise of fear dread and panic, without the rumbling drone in my head, , without the  weak feeling in my muscles and the numbness through my hands face and feet, without the insomnia,  without this never ending fatigue, and on and on ,

Just to be back to me before this ever happened, that would be paradise and I wont ever take it for granted again #

I do hope it's not too far away as I try to get through each day the best I can , waiting for bed time and sleep so that I can escape for a brief time and think that tomorrow might be better because we never know the day

One day this horrendous noise will drop and I will listen to Phil Collins once again

I do hope it wont take too long as I don't have lots of it left to me , so fingers crossed  and everything else I can think of

Wishing us all  healing

Jen

[61...]

Hey Jen,

I’m just a little ahead of you I’m benzo recovery time.  Everyone is different I know but healing starts to happen...I have had a great week up until today (I ate a small Waffle made from Trader Joes Gluten Free mix) and hell broke loose...so do not buy that mix it’s evil lol.

The mental symptoms have subsided for me considerably, I pray they do not come back. You will get stronger too.  It just takes a long time...hang in there. 

You’ve got this, Jen! Your day is coming!❤️🙏

Thank you Sandy 

You are always so kind

Jen

Hey Jen,

I’m just a little ahead of you I’m benzo recovery time.  Everyone is different I know but healing starts to happen...I have had a great week up until today (I ate a small Waffle made from Trader Joes Gluten Free mix) and hell broke loose...so do not buy that mix it’s evil lol.

The mental symptoms have subsided for me considerably, I pray they do not come back. You will get stronger too.  It just takes a long time...hang in there.

Thank you so much  for your message,

Odd how some foods make things worse, and hard work out why,

I doubt I will be eating waffles, but you never know , I  might have had a sudden craving, ,

Yes I am a little behind you and hoping that things begin to improve,  but appreciate that  older people can take a bit longer, , ,

Nearly time for some sleep , as  it's getting late in the UK, 

Always the best time because I can get away from the symptoms for a short time and hope that by morning something might have eased,  ,

Got to get through this and back to life,  Just to be able to walk in the sunshine and feel glad to be alive, , I miss that so much , 

Just waiting now, one day at a time till we get there

Jen

Hey Jen

I'm feeling the same way. I went to the doctor finally again to ask what was going on because I told him I never thought withdrawal would cause tingling, numbness or muscle pain.

Sometimes the tingling is light and vibrate and all over my body. Sometimes it's on one side.

Sometimes it's in my face and it goes a little numb.

It's been 6 months for me and when I wake up I forget how I feel and have panic because I feel so absolutely awful. I have stiff muscles everywhere and I clench my jaw every night...

The doctor got so frustrated with me coming with complaints they are referring me to a neurologist.

Some doctors dont believe in paws. I wish you well on your journey. Some days are worse than others but eventually things will get better.

All my love

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [Pa...]
    • [gr...]
    • [in...]
    • [Re...]
    • [Ev...]
    • [...]
    • [ro...]
    • [Gu...]
    • [PE...]
    • [Mi...]