Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Can Only Sleep Six Hours a Night

[bo...]

I am only able to sleep six hours a night and I think it's the reason I'm so depressed. I wake up and feel like I need to sleep for two more hours at least to feel like I could have enough energy for the day. I know that this post is going to make people mad and they're going to say you should just be happy you're sleeping and others are going to say you can function on six hours a night, but I used to sleep 8 to 9 hours a night during the summer and never felt like I needed to nap during the day. Am I ever going to be able to sleep more than this again?

My sleep is so broken lately myself. I have been waking up so many times during the night and I’ve been having nightmares again. Not something I’ve dealt with since Acute withdrawal. In time it will get better. The one word we all don’t like to hear is time it all takes time. Who knew this med could cause so much damage.

Boomboxboy-  6 hours is a good night for many of us- and that is the number of ideal hours I need to feel great the next day- You might want to get the book by Dr. Gregg Jacobs "Say Goodnight to Insomnia"  This guy has been studying sleep for many years and he developed CBT-I for Harvard Medical School  The best part is that he tells us that people need different number of hours -in fact studies show that the mortality rate for people who sleep 7 hours or less is lower than those who sleep 8 or more hours  -  Some people get by just fine with only 4- You are not going to get heart disease or diabetes etc from lack of sleep.  Everywhere else you turn  you are told you will get sick - He hasn't found any true scientific studies to back this up.  That made me relax - Very important not to look at the clock- and know that you can function the next day on very little sleep -your body will make up the deficit - I hope this helps- Good luck!

6 hours? I mean ummm lol  :laugh:

You could make plenty of people here jealous with your 6 hours. 6 hours every single night would be amazing, 6 hours most nights is great and 6 hours a few nights is more than I can get without some help. I wake up in the middle of the night / very early morning and vaporize some cannabis then get about 3 more hours of sleep so that I sleep 6, 7 occasionally 8 hours rather than 3, 4 occasionally 5 hours. Life really does suck without this intervention.

I am only able to sleep six hours a night and I think it's the reason I'm so depressed. I wake up and feel like I need to sleep for two more hours at least to feel like I could have enough energy for the day. I know that this post is going to make people mad and they're going to say you should just be happy you're sleeping and others are going to say you can function on six hours a night, but I used to sleep 8 to 9 hours a night during the summer and never felt like I needed to nap during the day. Am I ever going to be able to sleep more than this again?

How long does it take until you fall asleep after going to bed?

Do you wake up during the night or sleep until the 6 hours are gone then?

We all have our number of hours we need to sleep to feel rested.  I remember Jay Leno saying he only needed about 3 to 4 hours per night to feel fine the next day.  Some people need 10 to feel ok.  BBB, I hope you can get the right amount you need soon to help to feel rested the next day.

[bc...]
I usually get 4 without interruption, then I’m awake for 2 (like now), then I sleep Again for 2, more or less.  I long For 8 hours of sleep...but I was On benzos when I would Sleep that much and more...12 hours sometimes.  I see Now how depressed my entire body was...

For what it's worth, true deep sleep is something I've yet to get back. I get about 6 hours a night and it's usually very restless. Nothing helps. Not magnesium, not melatonin, not valerian. This seems to be really common, especially for people like me who took benzos primarily to aid with sleep. It hasn't seem to have improved at all.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [bh...]
    • [Le...]
    • [Re...]
    • [Ne...]
    • [...]
    • [Al...]
    • [Ye...]
    • [kn...]
    • [Ev...]
    • [...]
    • [Ni...]