Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

New to Benzo Buddies

[An...]

I started using Xanax for sleep after having a stroke in March 2019.  A Nerologist said it was ok since I was using only 0.5mg each nite.  Well, after 7 months of use, I was becoming full of anxiety and needed to get off of this drug - which I did.  I found this site which has been a life saver to me and is guiding me back to good health. 

Hello AnthonyJ and Welcome to BenzoBuddies!  We're glad you joined us!

It's not unusual for benzos to stop working and withdrawal symptoms to emerge after a while as you discovered. Good for you for making the decision to taper off.  I'm glad you've found the site helpful - now that you've joined you'll benefit  even more from the good information and support from other members who understand what this process is like.

As you have probably seen, we suggest tapering with cuts of no more than 5-10% every 10-14 days or longer.  This helps minimize withdrawal symptoms and helps you function as well as possible.  Some members taper even more slowly.

Please take your time to explore the site and post with your questions when you're ready.  Here are some links to help you get started:

The Ashton Manual  is a resource on benzo withdrawal and a great place to start.

Planning Your Withdrawal (Taper Plans)

Withdrawal Support (during your taper)

Insomnia 

It's helpful to other members to readily see where you are in your benzo journey so please create a signature.  Here's how. Go to the top of the page and select PROFILE then choose forum profile then insert drug history into the text box and remember to click change profile

We're glad you're here.  Please reach out for support.

Brighterday  :)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [bh...]
    • [Le...]
    • [Re...]
    • [Ne...]
    • [...]
    • [Al...]
    • [Ye...]
    • [kn...]
    • [Ev...]
    • [...]