Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Heavyness in chest all day

[mo...]

Is it possible to have heaviness in the middle of your chest, leg numbness and tingling in the lower legs all day

in lorazapam withdrawal? Just came from the cardiologist, all is fine.  Normally, the anxiety and withdrawal symptoms are worse in the morning and then lighten :( up in the afternoon, but not today...... :(

I've read so many posts just today about muscle symptoms in the legs causing distress, you're not alone.  I used to say I had an elephant camped out on my chest, I couldn't draw a deep breath and I so desperately wanted to.  Some call this sensation air hunger, for me it was the darn elephant. 

Morning anxiety is very common too, I'm sorry it never let up today.

I get that feeling in the chest as well: heaviness and tightness. Sometimes with pounding heart/palpitations. Before Ativan, I had that as part of my GAD and had a cardio workup to rule that out. It's returned as I withdraw. I also get the AM anxiety more, and there are definitely days where it does not subside later in the day. In both instances, I continue to remind myself "You know why this is happening. You are in control. Sensations are simply sensations and are ephemeral. You know there's nothing medically wrong with you. This will eventually go away." If I don't have two really bad days in a row, I'm thankful, and usually I don't. The days where it doesn't get better can feel in the moment like setbacks, but that's where I repeat my mantra again.

I often have it.  Lying down seems to make it worse

I've had mixed results with breathing exercises.  When it was at its worst, sometimes taking a shower or going for a walk would give me some relief

Other times standing or sitting up would help a bit if I was lying in bed

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [bh...]
    • [Le...]
    • [Re...]
    • [Ne...]
    • [...]
    • [Al...]
    • [Ye...]
    • [kn...]
    • [Ev...]
    • [...]