Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Benzo Belly

[SA...]

Hi All

I am in tolerance withdrawal. I'm getting extreme stomach problems. Stomach cramps, pains and the bloating is very bad. Does anybody have experience of these problems and any tips.

Thank you

Hi Sam,

So sorry you're suffering from pain and bloating.  There have been many threads on this subject over the years, but here's a link to one fairly recent discussion that I participated in.  http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=242463.0

My partner's benzo belly symptoms include constipation, so my posts are geared towards relieving that problem.  However, another BB member's suggestions are also linked in the thread.  So maybe you'll find a few applicable pointers among the posts.     

Good luck--hope you get some relief. 

Absolutely hate it.  I can't breathe properly most of the time because my torso is so bloated

The pain in the sides is annoying too, especially around my liver

Lying down seems to make it much worse.  I get relief when I sit or stand

Hi All

I to get the feeling that my stomach is push up against my diaphragm making it uncomfortable to sit and breathe. Always getting lower stomach cramps and stabbing pains in my stomach. Then there is the bowl issues, stomach can't settle down. My muscles in my back and down my sides are tight and in spasm which seems to make the bloating worse.

Many thanks for all your help.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [BN...]
    • [...]
    • [...]
    • [Ct...]
    • [Ro...]
    • [ho...]
    • [mo...]
    • [Sl...]
    • [Ga...]
    • [Ko...]