Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

supportive family member

[Sn...]

I've been through a rough benzo withdrawal in the past. This time I'm supporting a family member in her journey. She's having a tough time.

Hello Snowflower, Welcome to BenzoBuddies!

I think it's wonderful you're helping your family member, if I would have had someone in my life who understood what I was going through I would have been so grateful.

What can we do for you, do you need taper information, withdrawal support or perhaps some educational material?  Is there a chance your family member would like to join as well, we'd be happy to have them.

Let us know how we can help you so I'll know how to direct you.

Pamster

Thank you. We're joining together. We've been learning about tapering lately. I wish I had known some of this stuff years ago in my own journey.

Let me give you some resources to help you make educated decisions about how to go about this.  I quit cold turkey then 5 months later found BenzoBuddies so I join you in wishing I'd known about this process before I did what I did.

The Ashton Manual

Planning your taper (Taper Plans)

Withdrawal Support (during your taper)

What is happening in your brain

We typically suggest cutting your dose by about 5-10% every week or two but this should be driven by your symptoms, we need to remain functional if we can. 

If you'll let us know what dose and what drug your family member is on and for how long we can help you figure out a taper plan.

Snowflower,

It is so wonderful that you are supporting your family member.  And to have support from someone who has gone through this is golden.  Solid support can make a big difference in this process. 

So glad you are here.  This is a great group with lots of information and very supportive.

Welcome! :hug:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [bh...]
    • [Le...]
    • [Re...]
    • [Ne...]
    • [...]
    • [Al...]
    • [Ye...]
    • [kn...]
    • [Ev...]
    • [...]