Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Klonopin to valium recommendation

[fi...]

I was on 3 mg Klonopin for 12 years. Went to psych ward and was given phenobarbital. Got home and got a prescription of phenobarbital.  Tapered for 3 weeks then tried going off. That failed so i went back on klonopin and tapered to 1 mg. Went psych ward again and was given Ativan 1 mg daily for a week. Got home 3 days ago and I'm on .25 mg Klonopin 2x/day. Yesterday was too hard so I took .25 three times. I have a doctor's appointment in a few hours and my doctor would probably prescribe me valium but she doesn't know anything about tapering. The .25 mg cuts are too large at this point. I don't seem to have a lot of trouble switching back and forth between benzos. I know it's not ideal but it's what you get from rural healthcare that knows nothing about benzos withdrawal. Can I just switch straight to.    20 mg valium/day?

It would be equivalent to increasing your dose. 1mg Klonopin = 20mg Valium, roughly. But perhaps this isn't a terrible thing if you were never stable on 0.75mg Klonopin. The important thing, I think, is to settle on a plan and stick to it. Chopping and changing and switching all the time isn't good. If you switch to 20mg Valium now, I would suggest giving yourself a month to get used to it. When you are stable, reducing 1mg every week or 2 weeks is probably manageable at first.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [bh...]
    • [Le...]
    • [Re...]
    • [Ne...]
    • [...]
    • [Al...]
    • [Ye...]
    • [kn...]
    • [Ev...]
    • [...]
    • [Ni...]