Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

long term Clon-er

[th...]

Hi - I've been on clonopin for 23 years (I'm 50F). My dose has always been low - currently .25mg - but I recently went off all prescriptions and am ready to taper. My husband is on the same dose and we are going to do it together.

I'm glad I found this forum and hope that it's helpful, and maybe I can be supportive to others as well.

Hello theMus, Welcome to BenzoBuddies!

Wow, a husband and wife tapering together, I haven't run across this type of situation before.  Most members say their families can't understand what they're going through but that won't be the case in your house.  Your symptoms may manifest differently and vary in severity but hopefully by doing it together you'll be able to support each other.

I don't feel there is a low dose of Klonopin to tell you the truth, it's a powerful drug which has made changes to how your brain communicates with your central nervous system, pretty scary stuff.

Can you tell us why you wish to stop taking the benzo, are you experiencing tolerance withdrawal symptoms?  I'm also interested to know how long you've been off of your other medications, it's a good idea to start from a stable place.

You may want to check out our Planning your taper (Taper Plans) board to see the methods we support and if you'd like to connect with others who are going through this, you can start a thread on the Withdrawal Support (during your taper) board.

Let us know how we can help you, we're glad you're here.

Pamster

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [je...]
    • [Jo...]
    • [...]
    • [An...]
    • [Pi...]
    • [PE...]
    • [...]
    • [...]
    • [Vi...]
    • [SB...]