Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Brain questioning everything.

[06...]

[06...]

My brain is going absolutely nuts. My brain is questioning everything and freezing on it constantly. Just moving something or picking something up my brain doesn't understand and freezes like it has to figure it out.

I have racing and looping thoughts and severe hyperawareness of every thought.

This new freezing and looping is driving me mad.

I'm not sure how much longer I can continue doing this.

Yesterday my brain didn't latch and loop as much as today so I know it's not me doing this to myself.

I hate how ever second I have an intrusive thought. Nothing is contious anymore.

I don't see many people speak of these mental symtoms which makes me worried I am the only one like this.

[49...]

Have you ever tried counting to occupy your mind?  Big numbers that you have to concentrate on to keep track of.

Maybe that could help break the cycle??

[06...]

Have you ever tried counting to occupy your mind?  Big numbers that you have to concentrate on to keep track of.

Maybe that could help break the cycle??

No it doesn't help. I don't want to be counting numbers. I want to live.

[5c...]
I am So sorry you are suffering.  I am Too, it’s annoying and it Has helped me to devise a plan.  My boyfriend and I decided...by January 2021, if no improvement I am going to go to Amen Clinic and get a brain scan.  It calms me to know okay, worst case scenario, there is an option.  Right now I am too far gone for any psych assessment...

[06...]

I am So sorry you are suffering.  I am Too, it’s annoying and it Has helped me to devise a plan.  My boyfriend and I decided...by January 2021, if no improvement I am going to go to Amen Clinic and get a brain scan.  It calms me to know okay, worst case scenario, there is an option.  Right now I am too far gone for any psych assessment...

Would do you plan to see on the brain scan?  Scans, unfortunately, don't show damage from these drugs.

I get the questioning everything too.  It doesn't happen all the time for me, but often enough that it's frustrating and scary.  For the first few months when it happened, I would get severely anxious each time and fearful that I was losing my cognitive functioning, but now that I know what benzo withdrawal can do, I just chalk it up to that, take some deep slow breaths, and tell myself this too shall pass (at least, on my better days I do -- I still have days when I struggle with this).  I hope it starts to get better for you too, Perth.  Hang in there, you are not alone!

I’ve created a plan where if I’m not better by Christmas, I’ll start back on SSRI’s or meds to calm my brain down (not benzodiazepines though)

Until then - I want to see if I get better. I noticed today when I forced myself to play a video game it helped the looping stop. Force yourself to watch TV

[06...]

I’ve created a plan where if I’m not better by Christmas, I’ll start back on SSRI’s or meds to calm my brain down (not benzodiazepines though)

Until then - I want to see if I get better. I noticed today when I forced myself to play a video game it helped the looping stop. Force yourself to watch TV

I've tried everything but my brain doesn't stop or slow down. The thoughts race uncontrollably. TV triggers OCD (rewinding etc). You didn't have any of this until you came off SSRI right? What do you plan on going on?

[06...]

Do you think gabapentin stopped or masked these racing looping thoughts you have?

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [bh...]
    • [Le...]
    • [Re...]
    • [Ne...]
    • [...]
    • [Al...]
    • [Ye...]
    • [kn...]
    • [Ev...]
    • [...]
    • [Ni...]