Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Clonazepam Withdrawals over Clonazepam withdrawals Help please.

[ho...]

Escitalopram 20mg Started on Dec.5, 2019 Taper: Feb. 16 - 20, 2020 15mg. Feb. 21 - 26, 2020 10mg. Feb. 27 - Mar. 2, 20202 5mg. Mar. 3 Stopped 0mg.

Trazodone 100mg Started on Jan. 14, 2020 100mg. Taper: Feb. 4 - Feb. 14, 2020 75mg. Feb. 14 - Mar. 6, 2020 50mg. (Then paused Feb.16 -Mar.3 for Escitalopram taper) Tapered again: Mar. 6 - Mar. 25, 2020 25mg. Mar. 25 to Apr.6, 2020 12.5mg. Apr. 7, 2020 Stopped 0mg.

Lyrica 100mg Started on Dec. 29, 2019 100mg. Taper: Jan. 24 - Jan.27, 2020 50mg, Jan. 28, 2020 Stopped 0mg. (only 4 day taper) DID NOT THINK ABOUT IT BUT THIS TOOK PLACE OF 3MG/DAILY OF CLONAZEPAM WHEN LYRICA WAS GIVEN PSYCHIATRIST TOOK ME OFF THE 3MG CLONAZEPAM. When he took me off with only a 4 day taper I started suffering horrendously.

I did not know I was suffering from Clonazepam withdrawals at the time and doctor prescribed me clonazepam to again to go through the withdrawals and I after April 14 got back to taking .75mg clonazepam a day. Then in May my withdrawals from the med tapers stopped improving but started to get worse again with each day that has passed and someone in a forum told me they thought I clonazepam tolerance and that I was withdrawing overtop of already withdrawing from clonazepam. I take a .25mg morning then in the evening take .5mg tablet. So this last week I cut my evening dose to taking 3/4 of the .5mg tablet and morning still the .25mg. But these last 7 days are like it was in the beginning of my withdrawals I cannot handle the suffering muscle pain, head pain so bad my eyes are blurry the stiffness in my arms and legs numbness burning all over. It is going back to the beginning of my withdrawals. I only have the .5mg tablets to work with my husband wont help me do water titration says liquid is too expensive. I need help so bad. I need to survive this for my son. My doctor told me and my sisters .75mg clonazepam is small to just stop taking it they believe him my husband thinks it is small. No one believes I am already in withdrawals. My husband gets angry if I say anything about my pain. I am so sick from the last 6 months I am bedridden. All I have is these .5mg tablets to work with and cannot handle the suffering I had thought I would reduce by 1/4 of a .5mg tablet every 2 weeks but this I am suffering too badly I cannot be in this shape for 12 weeks, everyone is wanting to put my on an antidepressant again, they don't believe me they think everything is anxiety and that the antidepressant will help my sisters want to put me in psych ward. How should I get off this clonazepam my husband wont help and buy a scale and help do the water tirtration way I dont know how and am in too bad of shape to figure it out by myself. I only have these .5mg tablets to work with . I was getting better with my withdrawals on slightly if I stay at the .75mg a day clonazepam I was at my withdrawals continue to get worse again for some reason must be the clonazepam not working. I'm stuck. I feel like I am back to square one how I first felt when my too quick tapers finished. Since no one believes in withdrawals my husband does not believe. No doctor believes. Since I have been on regularly now .75mg approx. 3 months is it better to just get off quickly and try to suffer through the horrific maybe deadly withdrawals I have just went through again or go slow but I cannot get my dose low enough. Please help me! I am suffering horribly such inhumane pain for the last 6 months and now it is back. If I could only have continued to improve like I started to in May for a few weeks I would be able to make it through. I don't know how to get out of this on my own. I am desparate for help. Everyday is another day of suffering my head is so clogged and burning and such a high migraine and the tinnitus that mentally I am having a harder time reaching out for help as each day goes on.

I watched this video of water titration

I need something really mentally simple and with not much for tools I cannot get a scale of anything like that. This video sounds ok but would that be ok to put .75mg clonazepam into 300ml of water and do it daily that is 300 days. That seems like a longtime for the condition I am in being so bad. I need to get my withdrawals under control and heading back into the healing or getting better direction soon. I am tempted to start taking Lyrica again to see if it brings me back to functioning and stops my withdrawals but hten again I am terrified on Lyrica and did not like how I was on it but I'm almost on my deathbed right now except no one knows or believes what is happening to me they think I am just mentally ill and needing to go on an antidepressant. Everyone is so frustrated with me because they think I am just making this all up and that I am believing everything I read on the internet and they believe an antidepressant will take away my pain and they do not understand why I don't want to take another one again or medications it is because the medications hurt me in the first place.

[1c...]

Unfortunately, clonazepam very poorly soluble in water.  Most people dissolve it in a little alcohol (or propylene glycol) before diluting it into water.  We had a guy doing this exact water titration recently and he felt terrible as soon as he started doing it that way.  He basically wasn't getting the dose he thought he was getting.

I think that theoretically one can get a little into water, but it probably takes a lot longer than the movie shows.  Maybe with 15 minutes of sonication??  Personally, I think the drug is likely to adhere to the glass jar instead of going into the water.  The silicon dioxide (glass) is less polar than the water, so a better place for the hydrophobic drug to hang out.

The pills are mostly made of fillers such as starch.  They will appear to go into solution. 

Ow no I don't know what I am going to do then. I thought this would save my life. I need an easy method I can do on my own. I'm too sick and have no support to do anything too complex and my husband wont buy me the stuff I need if I cannot figure out how to do it on my own. Does anyone have any suggestions?

With the alcohol what type of alcohol is that and where do you buy it. Do you have instructions on how to do it that way? I have no scale my husband said he wont buy one or buy liquid the water looked so easy my tablets are disolvable under the tongue Im pretty sure.

[1c...]

No fears.  This is pretty easy stuff that tons of people here do every day.  Most of them had never done anything like this before.  It's no more difficult than making oatmeal.

The alcohol can be any strong alcohol (vodka, gin, rum, whiskey, cognac, Everclear).  It needs to be at least 40% alcohol.  You're just going to crush your pill a bit and mix it with 2-4 ml of alcohol.  Mix it really good.  Take your time.  The drug will go into solution, but the starch fillers may not.  That's OK.  Then you combine the pill/alcohol mixture with some water.  You can use 300 ml if you want.

So just one small additional step.  Easy-peasy!

Will your Dr prescribe the liquid version of Clonazepam for you or perhaps give you a prescription to take to a compounding pharmacy?

No fears.  This is pretty easy stuff that tons of people here do every day.  Most of them had never done anything like this before.  It's no more difficult than making oatmeal.

The alcohol can be any strong alcohol (vodka, gin, rum, whiskey, cognac, Everclear).  It needs to be at least 40% alcohol.  You're just going to crush your pill a bit and mix it with 2-4 ml of alcohol.  Mix it really good.  Take your time.  The drug will go into solution, but the starch fillers may not.  That's OK.  Then you combine the pill/alcohol mixture with some water.  You can use 300 ml if you want.

Hi I never drink alcohol since getting sick. My son picked up some vodka 40% for me.

So it is ok to drink alcohol with the clonazepam it is safe?

When I make the mixture how long does it last and should I refrigerate it?

I can make enough for the day at the same time right?

In my situation do you think if I used 200ml water that would be ok and if I take out 1ml each day and discard it then divide up my dose into 2 or 3 doses per day my taper would be approximately 6 months from .75mg of clonazepam does that sound right?

Do you think that would be too fast?

Sorry fro so many questions and thank you for your help, I cannot think or do math or figure out things well anymore in this state.

Will your Dr prescribe the liquid version of Clonazepam for you or perhaps give you a prescription to take to a compounding pharmacy?

Thank you for suggesting that it would be nice but unfortunately I doubt it very much. My doctor thinks I should just stop it. He says it is a small amount and he suggested if I want to taper doing the taking it every 2nd day then every 3rd day then every 4th day then basically stopping I know that is suicidal. I have cut it by 1/4 of a .5mg pill for the last 8 days now and have been extremely incapacitated. My husband has given up on me and says he will not pay for liquid or a scale or anything that I am on my own.

[1c...]

Hi I never drink alcohol since getting sick. My son picked up some vodka 40% for me.

In my situation do you think if I used 200ml water that would be ok and if I take out 1ml each day and discard it then divide up my dose into 2 or 3 doses per day my taper would be approximately 6 months from .75mg of clonazepam does that sound right?

Sorry fro so many questions and thank you for your help, I cannot think or do math or figure out things well anymore in this state.

Most people abstain from drinking alcohol during withdrawal.  You'd only use a very small amount - about 1/10th of a shot - to make your solution.  Many people do it that way without issue.

200 ml is fine.  Whatever works for you.

I don't know how long it will hold up in the refrigerator, but if you pose that question to the micro-tapering group, somebody should know.

Most people abstain from drinking alcohol during withdrawal.  You'd only use a very small amount - about 1/10th of a shot - to make your solution.  Many people do it that way without issue.

200 ml is fine.  Whatever works for you.

I don't know how long it will hold up in the refrigerator, but if you pose that question to the micro-tapering group, somebody should know.

Hi again thank you for all the help I was wondering how do I join the daily micro tapering support group to ask the question?

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [Pa...]
    • [gr...]
    • [in...]
    • [Re...]
    • [Ev...]
    • [...]
    • [ro...]
    • [Gu...]
    • [PE...]
    • [Mi...]
    • [ra...]