Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

HELP! suffering! Clonazepam withdrawals over Clonazepam withdrawals

[ho...]

Escitalopram 20mg Started on Dec.5, 2019 Taper: Feb. 16 - 20, 2020 15mg. Feb. 21 - 26, 2020 10mg. Feb. 27 - Mar. 2, 20202 5mg. Mar. 3 Stopped 0mg.

Trazodone 100mg Started on Jan. 14, 2020 100mg. Taper: Feb. 4 - Feb. 14, 2020 75mg. Feb. 14 - Mar. 6, 2020 50mg. (Then paused Feb.16 -Mar.3 for Escitalopram taper) Tapered again: Mar. 6 - Mar. 25, 2020 25mg. Mar. 25 to Apr.6, 2020 12.5mg. Apr. 7, 2020 Stopped 0mg.

Lyrica 100mg Started on Dec. 29, 2019 100mg. Taper: Jan. 24 - Jan.27, 2020 50mg, Jan. 28, 2020 Stopped 0mg. (only 4 day taper) DID NOT THINK ABOUT IT BUT THIS TOOK PLACE OF 3MG/DAILY OF CLONAZEPAM WHEN LYRICA WAS GIVEN PSYCHIATRIST TOOK ME OFF THE 3MG CLONAZEPAM. When he took me off with only a 4 day taper I started suffering horrendously.

I did not know I was suffering from Clonazepam withdrawals at the time and doctor prescribed me clonazepam to again to go through the withdrawals and I after April 14 got back to taking .75mg clonazepam a day. Then in May my withdrawals from the med tapers stopped improving but started to get worse again with each day that has passed and someone in a forum told me they thought I clonazepam tolerance and that I was withdrawing overtop of already withdrawing from clonazepam. I take a .25mg morning then in the evening take .5mg tablet. So this last week I cut my evening dose to taking 3/4 of the .5mg tablet and morning still the .25mg. But these last 7 days are like it was in the beginning of my withdrawals I cannot handle the suffering muscle pain, head pain so bad my eyes are blurry the stiffness in my arms and legs numbness burning all over. It is going back to the beginning of my withdrawals. I only have the .5mg tablets to work with my husband wont help me do water titration says liquid is too expensive. I need help so bad. I need to survive this for my son. My doctor told me and my sisters .75mg clonazepam is small to just stop taking it they believe him my husband thinks it is small. No one believes I am already in withdrawals. My husband gets angry if I say anything about my pain. I am sso sick from the last 6 months I am bedridden. All I have is these .5mg tablets to work with and cannot handle the suffering I had thought I would reduce by 1/4 of a .5mg tablet every 2 weeks but this I am suffering too badly I cannot be in this shape for 12 weeks, everyone is wanting to put my on an antidepressant again, they dont believe me they think everything is anxiety and that the antidepressant will help my sisters want to put me in psych ward. How should I get off this clonazepam my husband wont help and buy a scale and help do the water tirtration way I dont know how and am in too bad of shape to figure it out by myself. I only have these .5mg tablets to work with . I was getting better with my withdrawals on slightly if I stay at the .75mg a day clonazepam I was at my withdrawals continue to get worse again for some reason must be the clonazepam not working. I'm stuck. I feel like I am back to square one how I first felt when my too quick tapers finished. Since no one believes in withdrawals my husband does not believe. No doctor believes. Since I have been on regularly now .75mg approx. 3 months is it better to just get off quickly and try to suffer through the horrific maybe deadly withdrawals I have just went through again or go slow but I cannot get my dose low enough. Please help me! I am suffering horribly such inhumane pain for the last 6 months and now it is back.

Hello hopefloats and Welcome to Benzo Buddies!

I'm sorry you're going through such a rough time.  It looks like you've got on and off multiple medications since the end of 2019. I'm unclear on when you started and stopped clonazepam the first time.  Could you clarify this?  You're right that it is not advisable to jump off at a dose of .75mg of clonazepam.

Tapering off of multiple medications in such a small time frame is hard on the system.  It's best to let your body adjust and recover after each medication is stopped.  What are the reasons you want to get off of clonazepam so quickly? 

We support tapering with cuts of no more than 5-10% every 10-14 days or longer in order to keep withdrawal symptoms to a minimum and help ensure you function as well as possible.

Here are links to help you get started exploring the forum:

The Ashton Manual- an excellent resource on benzo withdrawal.

These boards will be most relevant for you.  Please feel free to post with your questions.

Planning Your Withdrawal (Taper Plans)

Withdrawal Support (during your taper)

It's helpful to other members to readily see where you are in your benzo journey so please create a signature.  Here's how. Go to the top of the page and select PROFILE then choose forum profile then insert drug history into the text box and remember to click change profile

Welcome!

Brighterday.  :)

Escitalopram 20mg Started on Dec.5, 2019 Taper: Feb. 16 - 20, 2020 15mg. Feb. 21 - 26, 2020 10mg. Feb. 27 - Mar. 2, 20202 5mg. Mar. 3 Stopped 0mg.

Trazodone 100mg Started on Jan. 14, 2020 100mg. Taper: Feb. 4 - Feb. 14, 2020 75mg. Feb. 14 - Mar. 6, 2020 50mg. (Then paused Feb.16 -Mar.3 for Escitalopram taper) Tapered again: Mar. 6 - Mar. 25, 2020 25mg. Mar. 25 to Apr.6, 2020 12.5mg. Apr. 7, 2020 Stopped 0mg.

Lyrica 100mg Started on Dec. 29, 2019 100mg. Taper: Jan. 24 - Jan.27, 2020 50mg, Jan. 28, 2020 Stopped 0mg. (only 4 day taper) DID NOT THINK ABOUT IT BUT THIS TOOK PLACE OF 3MG/DAILY OF CLONAZEPAM WHEN LYRICA WAS GIVEN PSYCHIATRIST TOOK ME OFF THE 3MG CLONAZEPAM. When he took me off with only a 4 day taper I started suffering horrendously.

I did not know I was suffering from Clonazepam withdrawals at the time and doctor prescribed me clonazepam to again to go through the withdrawals and I after April 14 got back to taking .75mg clonazepam a day. Then in May my withdrawals from the med tapers stopped improving but started to get worse again with each day that has passed and someone in a forum told me they thought I clonazepam tolerance and that I was withdrawing overtop of already withdrawing from clonazepam. I take a .25mg morning then in the evening take .5mg tablet. So this last week I cut my evening dose to taking 3/4 of the .5mg tablet and morning still the .25mg. But these last 7 days are like it was in the beginning of my withdrawals I cannot handle the suffering muscle pain, head pain so bad my eyes are blurry the stiffness in my arms and legs numbness burning all over. It is going back to the beginning of my withdrawals. I only have the .5mg tablets to work with my husband wont help me do water titration says liquid is too expensive. I need help so bad. I need to survive this for my son. My doctor told me and my sisters .75mg clonazepam is small to just stop taking it they believe him my husband thinks it is small. No one believes I am already in withdrawals. My husband gets angry if I say anything about my pain. I am sso sick from the last 6 months I am bedridden. All I have is these .5mg tablets to work with and cannot handle the suffering I had thought I would reduce by 1/4 of a .5mg tablet every 2 weeks but this I am suffering too badly I cannot be in this shape for 12 weeks, everyone is wanting to put my on an antidepressant again, they dont believe me they think everything is anxiety and that the antidepressant will help my sisters want to put me in psych ward. How should I get off this clonazepam my husband wont help and buy a scale and help do the water tirtration way I dont know how and am in too bad of shape to figure it out by myself. I only have these .5mg tablets to work with . I was getting better with my withdrawals on slightly if I stay at the .75mg a day clonazepam I was at my withdrawals continue to get worse again for some reason must be the clonazepam not working. I'm stuck. I feel like I am back to square one how I first felt when my too quick tapers finished. Since no one believes in withdrawals my husband does not believe. No doctor believes. Since I have been on regularly now .75mg approx. 3 months is it better to just get off quickly and try to suffer through the horrific maybe deadly withdrawals I have just went through again or go slow but I cannot get my dose low enough. Please help me! I am suffering horribly such inhumane pain for the last 6 months and now it is back.

This sounds like what happened to me. I had to taper off very quickly. Once in tolerance tapering is tough. I tapered off in just 6 weeks. I had to start taking Remeron(antidepressant) to help with the withdrawals. It allowed me to get food down through the nausea and get some sleep. I was as sick as you describe. I could not eat or sleep. I had every symptom imaginable. I was extremely ill. Honestly I think I would have died if it went on much longer but I am better now at about 18 months off. I am almost done tapering the Remeron. I was also on my own. No one believed me. My family, the doctors, my friends, no one. It was an evil thing to go through. That is how I got free from it. I am not saying it will work or even suggesting it. I am just saying it is how I did it. I did not use a scale. I just used a nail file to shave the pill to the size I needed. Dry cut. Then when it got too small I just shaved the dust into water and drank it. I don’t think I could have tapered without the assistance of the Remeron but still have trouble advocating starting another med and it does not work for everyone. I was lucky I guess.

Maybe you could use this video or a similar one for sharing with family?  I had progressed to benzo mania/rage/depression/anxiety/delirium tolerance withdrawals when I cut .25 mg and fell into benzo psychosis hell.  It isn’t permanent and it is a freakin weird crazy drug that induces TEMPORARY mental health symptoms.  I know what severe mania is like now, I know what OCD really is, I know what severe depression is now, I know what paranoia is now, I know what phobias are now, I know what terror is now, I know what anxiety is now, I know what real physical/mental pain is now.  I am very early in withdrawal/recovery but the total psychosis, mania and rage are completely gone and the rest is horrible but I am vastly improved over just 5 weeks ago.  It all goes away and I can understand how that doesn’t compute for a lot of people, but that is how it works.

Not having support sucks, but that is part of a lot of our stories and being here will help.

How did you end up tapering off? I need help badly. I cannot get any psychiatrist or doctor to even admit I  am in tolerance withdrawals. How would you suggest I get out of this starting a taper at .75mg clonazepam?

I watched a water titration video last night I can hardly understand it but it would take me 300 days to micro taper and I already was in severe withdrawals before the clonazepam hit its tolerance. I am in severe withdrawals again now. I am having the most inhumane muscle pain imaginable. Is like being tortured I need to make the best decision of how to get through this I want to be here for my son and I want to live a life healed from all this and normal again so badly. I have severe muscle contracting all over my body and my entire head, face, neck, throat, both arms/ hands, legs, feet torso abdominal. My muscles get so tight and stay that pain is horrific. My muscles also are stiff and freeze up ecsp. in my arms/wrists/hands. I have episodes of uncontrollable muscles movements in my face of my eyes, mouth, jaw and my neck, throat muscles tighten up and stay that way, my voice box gets strangled feeling and I have a hard time swallowing escp. at night. My muscle cramping and pain is horrific and the most inhumane pain. I cannot handle the pain anymore already from the withdrawals I have already been in and now with my withdrawals not improving and with it ending up being clonazepam tolerance stopping me from improving I do not know how I can make it through this I need a plan.

All my muscle in my body everywhere cramp up even in my face the deep aching pain. I take Baclofen when I need too and that does not even make it tolerable anymore. My head burns and the muscles in it are so tight. I need to get this clonazepam figured out fast. Anxiety is kicking in really bad now too because of trying to cut back.

This sounds like what happened to me. I had to taper off very quickly. Once in tolerance tapering is tough. I tapered off in just 6 weeks. I had to start taking Remeron(antidepressant) to help with the withdrawals. It allowed me to get food down through the nausea and get some sleep. I was as sick as you describe. I could not eat or sleep. I had every symptom imaginable. I was extremely ill. Honestly I think I would have died if it went on much longer but I am better now at about 18 months off. I am almost done tapering the Remeron. I was also on my own. No one believed me. My family, the doctors, my friends, no one. It was an evil thing to go through. That is how I got free from it. I am not saying it will work or even suggesting it. I am just saying it is how I did it. I did not use a scale. I just used a nail file to shave the pill to the size I needed. Dry cut. Then when it got too small I just shaved the dust into water and drank it. I don’t think I could have tapered without the assistance of the Remeron but still have trouble advocating starting another med and it does not work for everyone. I was lucky I guess.

Hi, How did you know what size to file your pill too each time without a scale? Was it Clonzepam and how much? I thought I would try this water titration way but someone said it does not work good with clonazepam

so now I do not know what I can do. But if you managed without a scale maybe I can to by filing away with a nail file but I have no idea how you know what size and to make it the same everytime, did you just eyeball it?

Would you mind telling me how you did it and how much you reduced etc.?

I was calculating if what I am doing right now by going down a quater of a .5mg tablet every 2 weeks would work then my taper would be 12 weeks but going down a quarter of a tablet has left me in much too bad of shape I was already suffering from severe withdrawals and now I am very messed up too excruciating muscle pain, numbness burning my head is so full and messed up burning tinnitus plugged peircing migraine blurry vision and the most horrible feeling inside my head too hard too explain it is unnatural I am very messed up. I feel I am going to never get better at this rate and no one understands or believes how this can feel except maybe in support groups. I feel better after I first wake up but then during the day it gets very bad until I take my nightly dose of clonazepam and zopiclone but I am only sleeping now 3 hours I feel too uncomfortable I was sleeping 4-5 hours before even through those horrible withdrawals now something has changed since I have to try to get off this.

I am in such desperate need of help I don't know how to save myself from this. I posted more of what I am going through and information in my reply to brighterday maybe you can read that. Where you in my shape?

You may want to try and stabilize at a tolerable dosage while you work out a withdrawal plan.  I personally am immediately pushed into acute Benzo withdrawals when I have taken a bunch of different antidepressant on top of my unknown benzo tolerance withdrawals.  I suffered all the symptoms shortly after each new drug was introduced.  I was only taking tiny crumbs of new Rx pills because the withdrawals would send me into non-functional pain.  I found that I could handle Paxil but everything else was immediately kicking up every terrible symptom that was attributed to it and firing off co-occuring heightened benzo withdrawals.  Lyrica caused instant hallucinations.  That is just me and I can't tell you what your system is doing, but Benzo withdrawals tend to cause extreme sensitivity to everything under the sun it seems.  I spent pretty much every night in the fetal position, unable to move after being given yet another drug to treat Klonopin (Clonazepam) tolerance withdrawals. 

It is really about impossible to calm yourself in your circumstances, but try and put a few timelines together and identify Rx meds, supplements, diet, stressor triggers= everything and anything that overlaps/coincides with the symptom hell.  Be safe, it is truly hell to endure but you will survive.

I don't have advice as I am just in to my taper too, but I just wanted to post some encouragement! I started too quickly as well and am going to the 10% method. Still don't know why doctors think quicker the better but success is possible.

Hello hopefloats and Welcome to Benzo Buddies!

I'm sorry you're going through such a rough time.  It looks like you've got on and off multiple medications since the end of 2019. I'm unclear on when you started and stopped clonazepam the first time.  Could you clarify this?  You're right that it is not advisable to jump off at a dose of .75mg of clonazepam.

Tapering off of multiple medications in such a small time frame is hard on the system.  It's best to let your body adjust and recover after each medication is stopped.  What are the reasons you want to get off of clonazepam so quickly? 

We support tapering with cuts of no more than 5-10% every 10-14 days or longer in order to keep withdrawal symptoms to a minimum and help ensure you function as well as possible.

Here are links to help you get started exploring the forum:

The Ashton Manual- an excellent resource on benzo withdrawal.

These boards will be most relevant for you.  Please feel free to post with your questions.

Withdrawal Support (during your taper)

It's helpful to other members to readily see where you are in your benzo journey so please create a signature.  Here's how. Go to the top of the page and select PROFILE then choose forum profile then insert drug history into the text box and remember to click change profile

Welcome!

Brighterday.  :)

Hi sorry to bother you again but I found a video of water titration I think I could manage

I watched this video of water titration

What do you think I was told by another member on the withdrawals forum I would need to add 2-4ml of alcohol 40% or higher. My son picked me up some vodka 40%

So it is ok to drink alcohol with the clonazepam it is safe?

When I make the mixture how long does it last and should I refrigerate it?

I can make enough for the day at the same time right?

In my situation do you think if I used 200ml water that would be ok and if I take out 1ml each day and discard it then divide up my dose into 2 or 3 doses per day my taper would be approximately 6 months from .75mg of clonazepam does that sound right?

Do you think that would be too fast?

Sorry for so many questions and thank you for your help, I cannot think or do math or figure out things well anymore in this state.

Thank you I really appreciate your advice.

I saw this was suggested to you on another thread:  Have you asked your doctor to prescribe the liquid version of Clonazepam for you or give you a prescription to take to a compounding pharmacy?  This would be the simplest way for you to do a liquid taper.

You're likely to get more responses if you post your questions about tapering on these boards: 

The Klonopin Klub#2

Daily Micro Tapering Support Group

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [Pa...]
    • [gr...]
    • [in...]
    • [Re...]
    • [Ev...]
    • [...]
    • [ro...]
    • [Gu...]