Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Tapering off Klonopin

[Bo...]

Hi all, i’ve been silently reading posts as a guest during the first two weeks of my Klonopin taper, but I can’t do this alone anymore. I am tapering off of a dose I have only been on since February of two .125 mg daily, and now am down to .125 mg after two weeks. I didn’t think it would be this hard, but I am having a horrible time. i’ve worked so hard on myself and my anxiety these past few months and now the withdrawal makes it feel like i’m giving up. I am only 26, and I want to leave the city where I live and go home to the suburbs to have support from my parents through this but everyone is leaning towards that i should tough it out. I don’t know how that’s even possible right now. words of encouragement, advice, anything is helpful.

Hi BoffKlonopin :hug: and Welcome to Benzobuddies

We are glad you decided to join, you’re  no longer alone and you will get all the support you need here.  Congratulations on making the decision to taper!  we can help you with support and taper/withdrawal information.  In general it’s advised to cut your daily dose by between 5% and 10% every 10 - 14 days.  This is depending on how you feel, many need to taper more slowly. The goal is to remain as functional as possible whilst moving forwards. 

Check out the Ashton Manual, It’s great for understanding the effect benzodiazepines have on our body.  It also provides tapering and withdrawal information.  You will find some valuable support and info on the forum.  Please feel free to browse the boards and post questions to any of the dedicated threads.

Here are a few links to some resources:

The Ashton Manual

Planning Your Withdrawal(TaperPlans)

Withdrawal Support

You might also like to post to this support group, 

Klonopin Klub 

If you would like to add a signature  (history of medication/doses etc). It will help members give you relevant advice. Go to the top of the page and select PROFILE then choose forum profile then insert drug history into the text box and remember to click change profile

Welcome aboard

Magrita

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [bh...]
    • [Le...]
    • [Re...]
    • [Ne...]
    • [...]
    • [Al...]
    • [Ye...]
    • [kn...]
    • [Ev...]