Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

New Member Introduction

[De...]

Hi Everyone!  I have just begun a taper to 5mg from 10mg Ambien which I have been using at varying doses for over 10 years for insomnia which began during menopause.  My doctor wants me off the drug since over the past 2 years I have started to suffer from worsening muscle/nerve pain, anxiety etc. following a relatively minor back injury.  I have high hopes that this will finally bring me back my sense of well-being and good health!

Hello Deanna2020, Welcome to BenzoBuddies!

You've made a good decision to get off of the Ambien, I took this drug too and found I began to have interdose withdrawal because it's got such a short half life.  I was miserable waiting for bedtime to feel relief from all sorts of awful symptoms.  It also caused me some horrific depression, so I hope that getting off of it benefits you like it did me.

Can you tell us when you made the 5 mg cut to your dose, that seems like a fairly large reduction, some can get off of this drug by taking big bites out of it, others have to reduce very slowly.

Here is a link to our taper board in case you'd like to see the methods we support.  Planning your taper (Taper Plans)

If you'd like to connect with others you can start a thread on the Withdrawal Support (during your taper) board to talk about your symptoms.

Please let us know how we can help, we're glad you're here.

Pamster

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [bh...]
    • [Le...]
    • [Re...]
    • [Ne...]
    • [...]
    • [Al...]
    • [Ye...]
    • [kn...]
    • [Ev...]
    • [...]