Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Calling all music lovers: what do you listen to?

[si...]

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [el...]

• [si...]

• [sa...]

• [la...]

Hi ladyh,

I see you like leona lewis, I watched her from day one on the xfactor she was so good, this is my favourite at the moment....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovGFPKZ3lgM

lynn xx

Hey Lynn,

This is really pretty.  Gawd I love that womans voice.  I wish I could sing like her!

I'm totally not familiar with X-factor.  Did she win one of those reality shows??  If so, I had no clue where she'd come from.  I fell in love with her music and then saw who she was.  She's so pretty too!

Phyllis  :smitten:

I love Los Lonely Boys!

My nephew is in a Tejano band from Texas.  Their trumpeter won a grammy this year.  My nephew says he's going for the grammy next.  He's here visiting us now.  I hope he gets it!

I think Leona Lewis is one the best live performers in pop music right now.  I don't know if you've noticed, but a lot of the pop singers aren't so good live.  She's very consistent though.  Beautiful voice. 

Hi ladyh,

This is her first audition for the xfactor in 2008 its like your american idol... she won the xfactor in dec 2008 she has an amazing voice!!!

lynn xx    :smitten:

Hi ladyh,

This is her first audition for the xfactor in 2008 its like your american idol... she won the xfactor in dec 2008 she has an amazing voice!!!

lynn xx    :smitten:

How cool is that?  :)    I didn't see the show, but I have no doubt she qualified as a winner!  It totally amazes me the notes she can hit and it looks effortlessly!!

I just adoreeeeeee Sharon Osborn!  :smitten:  Simon is okkk sometimes.  Have no clue who the other guy is and Paula Abdul I'd rather not comment on being this is a nice place    :laugh:

OMG.....

It looks like crackhead Whitney has someone to give her a run for her money!!!    :yippee:

Whitney who? ... You know her, Bobby's punching bag! 

I did see another video of Leona with my man Rod and she sang First Cut is the Deepest.  I love Leona but leave Rod alone!!  ::)

Better in Time to me is still my favorite!!  Listening to it now!!    :)    I actually started liking the song when in my deepest xanax tolerance planning my divorce again!!

I've dropped those thoughts, but the song is still beautiful!!

Hi ladyh,

Pauls abdul was only doing a couple of shows I dont much like her either lol the other guy manages alot of groups like westlife have you heard of them and boyzone!

I like better in time too but I think she will be round for a very long time!!!

love lynn xx

I love Los Lonely Boys!

I'm not familiar with all of their music but "Heaven" is one of my favorite songs by them!!

My nephew is in a Tejano band from Texas.  Their trumpeter won a grammy this year.  My nephew says he's going for the grammy next.  He's here visiting us now.  I hope he gets it!

Cool deal!  I hope for him he gets his grammy one day!!  :thumbsup:

I think Leona Lewis is one the best live performers in pop music right now.  I don't know if you've noticed, but a lot of the pop singers aren't so good live.  She's very consistent though.  Beautiful voice. 

Yes, it is very beautiful indeed.  I hope she's around for a long time!

Hi ladyh,

Pauls abdul was only doing a couple of shows I dont much like her either lol the other guy manages alot of groups like westlife have you heard of them and boyzone!

I like better in time too but I think she will be round for a very long time!!!

love lynn xx

Hey Lynn,

I was going to ask you today if you were in the UK!  Just checked your profile and you sure are.  Are you still there now? 

Paula Abdul had her day, it's long gone. 

No, I've not heard of Westlife or Boyzone, although Boyzone does sound vaguely familiar.

Phyllis    :smitten:

Oh Lordy to be 35 yrs younger!!  There is a shaggy blond guy with blue eyes in Westlife.  Need I say more?  Oh yeah,,, LOL the song was good too.  I really did like it.

Between the 2 bands I liked the music better of Westlife, but that's just judging one song.  Interesting to know what others listen to.  I had not a clue who Enya was before my UK friend visited.  I burned myself a copy of his cd before he left!

Lol he is a bit and that was there first hit 10 years ago, the blond bue eyed one helps a bit on xfactor but they are big over here......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqrBurK65uk

this is  abit more recent

I do like them, but it really surprises me that as big as they are I havn't heard of them.  I guess my friend was right.  Not only is our news very limited to what they would like broadcast, but our music from elsewhere gets here last as well.

I'd still love to meet Sharon Osborn.  That woman truely has to be a saint or insane.  I'm voting saint!  Anyone who can tolerate Ozzy's babble for this long has to be sent straight to him from heaven!!  When my husband and I first met, Ozzy was his favorite!  Of course, considering our age at that time, he was still biting off bat heads!  I knew then something was seriously wrong with this person!!  :laugh:  Ozzy although quite crispy, has a beautiful intelligent wife.  I just love Sharon!  (I'll leave the commentary on their kids out!)    ::)

There are so many bands, and I'm horrible at remembering names, that come from the UK or elsewhere, that I had no clue didn't start off in the US!!  I just love the way during the song you have no clue, and then when interviewed this lovely Brittish accent comes out.  It seems like during the singing you should be able to pick up on something!  The first time I heard Leona Lewis speak I was blown away.    ???      I thought she too was from here!  Boy, has my bulb been dim for awhile! 

This was one of my favs for a long time.  Not sure why it's stuck in my head this morning!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jltdIXuml44       

Eurythmics - Sweet Dreams

I agree sharon osbourne is saint lol but i do like her......

That brought back memories i love the eurythmics that was big in the clubs here.....

Im the same i hear something and think i like that but have no idea who it is,and never can tell untill they talk where there from i only know leona lewis from winning the xfactor and knowing she would be big, im curios to see what this years winner will be like as she was good!

This is another of my favourite bands probably from uk

robbie williams has left the band now but they are bigger and better than ever.......

Lord watching these boy bands make me feel OLD!!  :laugh:

How old are most of these kids anyway??  arrghhh that makes me feel old too!!  I'm starting to call anyone under 35 a kid!    :-\

LOL dont worry most of take that are in the late 30's now but still look good!!  :laugh:

My favourite US band are bon jovi

He still looks good !!

Yes, he does!    ;)

For some reason James Brown just won't get out of my head.  Maybe if I share him he will!!    :2funny:

Now he can invade someone else's head!  I dont' mind his "i feel good" message but not EVERY OPEN WINDOW!!  :2funny:

Hey if your gonna have someone stuck in your head, at least it's an amazing artist. If you like James Brown check out the song "Mother Popcorn" you'll love it.

Hardest workin' man in showbiz

Hey if your gonna have someone stuck in your head, at least it's an amazing artist. If you like James Brown check out the song "Mother Popcorn" you'll love it.

Hardest workin' man in showbiz

I like alot of James Brown's music!  Some days I wake up with "I Feel Good" in my head, but now that I've listened to Mother Popcorn (which I do like) and others, I now have "Get Up Offa That Thing" stuck in my head!    :laugh:

I'll dedicate that one to everyone today!  We just all need to Get Up Offa That Thing!    :D

I listen to everything. Favorite band ever though has to be the clash! They paved the way as did the Beatles. Current bands, Weezer, August burns red, Lamb of god,Greely estates. The list goes on and on with me ill stop now before I write a novel of band names.lol

• 2 years later...

Music touches my Soul is part of every day for me. I am eclectic about music and listen to genre my my mood or to put me in a mood.

I can go old school or new.

i.e.

Ozzy

Bad Company

Elton John

Jack Johnson

Lil' Wayne

TLC

Nicki Minaj

Posner

Derulo

James Taylor

PINK

Taylor Swift

Sara Bareilles

Carlos Nakai, Native American Flute

Stations in background for artistic: Classical or Soundscapes/Chants/etc

All Time fav songs:

Wild Horses performed by The Sundays

Glitter in the Air performed by Pink

Be My Friend performed by Paul Rodgers

Better Together performed by Jack Johnson

Listening to: How to Love performed by Lil' Wayne

Anyone got suggestions message Me, would love it!

ButterflyEffect

• 3 years later...
my favorite kind of music is 70s classic rock its just a bitch the classic rock radio station here plays wayyy to many commercials so i have to make cds to listen to when i drive at home i just listen to mp3s on the computer , i like other kinds of music i think i want to make an 80s hair ballad music cd i saw one in my bedroom from a few years ago wth that kind of music on it it was damaged /unplayable i tried to clean it in the sink before throwing it away