Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Calling all music lovers: what do you listen to?

[si...]

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [el...]

• [si...]

• [sa...]

• [la...]

i loved "whats going on" - i used to blast that way up on the way to and from work - they seem to tune into my brand of insanity.

linda - i sure did a lot of crying going thru withdrawals - which is unusual cause i think the only time i cried in yrs is when my dog died and i left florida.

something about withdrawals just kinda rubs the feelings raw - leaves us out in the cold with the wind blowing through our souls - even while sweating bullets.

i loved "whats going on" - i used to blast that way up on the way to and from work - they seem to tune into my brand of insanity.

Yep that's definitely a blasting tune! I am just in awe of her, and she is at her best in that song.

I was completely blown away the first time I heard it.

And still am every time I hear it!

My musical tastes have changed over the years from classic rock to more Independent Eclectic. Folk, jazz even electronic. If it’s produced by big corporation chances are I wont like it.

Dave

If it’s produced by big corporation chances are I wont like it.

Dave

music and corporate just doesn't mix well for my taste either Dave.

some more mazzy star - i hope you like her - i listen to her when i am on the site.

mazzy star - fade into you  - beautiful song beautiful music

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7e-CpDQdac

mazzy star - into dust -

mazzy star yet again - she's my baby - what can i say just an awesome group.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yidJbNm8Uo&feature=related (this one is really hypnotic)

zephyer is another of my favorite groups - but i am unable to find tracks from their LP

yea linda mazzy star is really good - i love zephr's sunset ride album to but i have been unable to locate it.;

this is one i used to spend all my waitress tips on.

buffalo springfield - for what its worth - always timely in times of fear based control

i liked george jones - never got into tammy though.

i did like dolly pardon - she is just sweet and fun.

tammy was always in so much pain all the time.

this one is for the spirit of things

tracy chapman - talking about a revolution

OMG that hair!Tracey's not Tammy's.  :2funny: I've noticed a lot of men are wearing it like that now.One day I was talking to a couple who came into my shop who were from Jamaica.They had the hair,accents and all.They told me in order to get their hair to look like that,they never brush it.

George Jones is coming in concert here soon.I may go see him.Haven't decided yet.I like a couple of songs Tammy sings,but I'm not a die hard fan.

Dolly Parton has a couple good songs too.One of the things I like about her is the fact that she makes jokes about herself and isn't too rigid.She's free spirited.

I just can't do Country. Expect Outlaw Country!

I love that stuff. Waylon, Willie, Hank, Johnny etc.

I know.I love Waylon Jennings.He's so manly.  :socool:

so like you think that hair is funny - jen you talk like someone who has never left your back yard mentally  ::)

please try to confine your ignorance when posting

so like you think that hair is funny - jen you talk to someone who has never left your back yard mentally  ::)

please try to confine your ignorance when posting

And you talk like a total b*tch!What did I say that was ignorant?You know what,forget it.I don't even want to know what's in your paranoid mind.I'm not the one seeing a shrink as*hole.Maybe you're the one who needs to get out of your backyard.  >:(

i am sorry that you do not understand that it is rude and ignorant to make fun of cultural differences - that is very unfortunate for you however - it is insulting to most others.

please read the rules of the forum - it is also rude and insulting to call me a total b - but i am guessing you already knew that.

ok back on track - i will do a series of tracy for you all - she is one of my favorite artist.

tracy chapman - telling stories

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMsqyns5eBM&NR=1

tracy chapman - at this point in my life

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fevlm5B3ZXI  this is my favorite of hers - and with xena - i miss the princess warrior.

tracy chapman - smoke and ashes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbLQUmB0kTI