Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Calling all music lovers: what do you listen to?

[si...]

i love that song - the album it was on is the only jefferson star hip album i ever bought. 

That whole album is excellent. It was one of those albums I bought where i pretty much only played the one song over and over. But a few years later I really gave the whole album a listen again, and fell in love with it.

What was that one song called? "think back", or "how long"?  It plays right before "Miracles". My albums are in the garage, and it's a detached garage and I"m too cold to walk out there right now, LOL! I''ll look tomorrow.  

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [el...]

• [si...]

• [sa...]

• [la...]

it was a great way to rip you heart out.  i am listening to it again - now

he is dead now - i don't think active duty viet nam vets lived long - that was was very hard on them physically and emotionally.

So is mine. He died at age 39 in 1987 of a cocaine-related aneurysm.

Well,you sure know how to pick them Silver.  :thumbsup:

Here's another one from one of my all time favorite's.I know a lot of people don't care for country music.I like all different types of music but country is my favorite.  :angel:  To those that do like it,enjoy!  :smitten:

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljogF_BZb_Y&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljogF_BZb_Y&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

And one more...  ;D (Man he puts his heart into it.)

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQByUh6fUfM&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQByUh6fUfM&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1W4uFfCO6KE

this one is my all time favorites from one of my favorite groups.

Mick Jagger is a god.

That song reminds me of their song "Dead Flowers". Music, not lyrics.

My all time favorite Stones Album is "Tattoo you",  side two.

The Jefferson Starship song from Red Octopus that I was trying to think of last night is "Fast Buck Freddie".

Yeah range of quality is pretty wide on those Utube videos.

Mine was an actual professional music video, that played on VH1 and MTV. I love that vid!!  I love that song. I love Mick. :smitten:

:yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee:

long live mick - i used to have every single album they ever made - then i switched to cd's and just ran out of money replacing all my albums.

I still have all my albums. My mom has a turntable that records cassette tapes. I still have a "boom box" that plays tapes. So I have transferred a lot of my albums to cassettes. Now I just need a device that transfers cassettes to CD's.

Is there such a thing??  :D

i am sure there is - of course it is way out of my ability - but i am sure it can be done :-\

i whent through the albums - and 8 tracks - 8 tracks were really good - i never got into cassettes - cd's are ok - it really all depends on how good the recording is.

at least 30% or more of my music is from the 90's - and then this big music blank (for me) i know the good music is out there - i just don't know where.

a lot of the albums could not be replaced - they are out of print - i could replace the stones - but i already have more CD's from them then any other group - there are so many others i would like to replace - but can't get them.

right now i have over 500 cd's - they take up a lot of room and are a pain to move.

I have about 100 albums I think. I haven't counted. I've got at least twice as many cassettes. Not a whole lot of cd's. I really balked at cds for a long time, and bought cassettes as often as possible. You used to have a choice until about 2 years ago. Not anymore. You know that pretty soon, cd's will obsolete. It's not fair! What are we supposed to do with our old music?? Progress is progress, but sometimes it's a joke. Just a big money-making bugaboo.

yep it is all about churning.

i like cd's better then albums - they are easier to keep track of - i never liked the sound quality of cassetts - i did like 8 tracks but they got stolen one night when i left the car door unlocked - so that was the end of them - i never replaced them either.

tom waits is an artist i feel has been greatly overlooked - i have a few of his albums - the song i cut and pasted isnt one of his best - but i had spent some time checking them all out and lost track eventually of some of the better recordings.

That's a good one,too.I love the Eagles' version of it.  :smitten:

Don't know if it's just me,but when I was listening to the song,his voice made me want to keep clearing my throat.  :-\

Could be because i just got over a bout of the flu.Who knows.Good song just the same.  :yippee:

it is his style - he is not polished but he is very genuine - not everyone likes that style.

he kinda alarmed me the first few years i heard him - but i have grown to appreciate his total authenticity.

i like a very wide range of singing style and i have gravitated towards the more earthy style of singing.

merle haggard is gruff to some - i like him - some people prefer stuff like celine dion - which i don't like at all and yet technically she would be considered good.

ok now i am going to start posting some of my favorite female artists.  i have noticed most of the posts have been male artists.

fade into you - mazzy star - real hypnotic music and restful.

into dust another mazzy star song - hypnotic soothing - video slightly disturbing.