Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

US PRIMARIES - based on issues only - no "isms"

[si...]

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [si...]

• [el...]

• [da...]

• [bl...]

the below is not primary related - it is related to the lack of transparency in the administrative branch and the failure of the administration to recognize other branches of our US government.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/02/14/bush-aides-held-in-contem_n_86713.html

read the above link - do not be surprised if the administration pulls off another insider terrorist attack - they have already warned us.

but this is our country and it is no time to back down - it is a all or nothing deal - i could feel this one in my bones the other day.

the link below was a veiled - well not veiled at all threat from our imperialist president

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080213/ap_on_go_pr_wh/terrorist_surveillance;_ylt=AuRZJTBo_5kLYV9tcI2A0Uis0NUE

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
[6c...]

Indeed he did, Eljay. What a history-making moment. I hope I have the privilege of seeing him speak in person some day. His ability to inspire thousands of people is truly a gift.

On to November!  :D

Kristin

I have heard Hillary and Bill Clinton speak at fundraisers and Obama recently in Mpls. Hillary isn't Bill--she is very articulate and different that you might think in person. I believe she's more liberal than BC and has come up with some excellent plans for change. I know someone who was serving Obama at a fundraiser and he was every bit as respectful and nice to this person as the "power" people in the room--he's no diva, that's for sure.

I personally hope Hillary Clinton will be part of Obama's administration in some way. Bill Clinton is probably one of the most dynamic speakers I've ever heard in person, he has more charisma than when on TV, but I have mixed feelings about him. In addition to everything else, though, the way Bush has stripped away people's privacy is one of the worst things to happen to our country and people don't seem that aware of it, either. Online medical records are a really scary proposition as far as I'm concerned since once they're "out there" they will be accessible in time just like in the movie Net.

I sure hope the Dems pull through in the general election.

I sure hope the Dems pull through in the general election.

Me too Glori!

I agree with everything you said. I have always loved Bill Clinton, but I am a bit leary about him being involved in a back seat sort of way. I don't think it would sit right with him and may be a problem.

That is so nice to hear about Barack! I pretty much felt that already, but it's nice to know. He is going to be awsome! I'm so excited about this, for our Beautiful Country. 

• 1 month later...
[6c...]

Hey Eljay:

I was downtown at the San Diego Convention Center today in the hopes of seeing Barack Obama after his presentation to La Raza. Unfortunately, he did not come outside to address the crowd outside but it was really nice to network with other Obama supporters. John McCain addresses La Raza tomorrow -- I very much doubt that he will draw the same crowds that Obama did today.

Kristin

Oh, but to be so close!!  :laugh:

I am just holding my breath during this whole campaign. It's so nerve-wracking!

Nice to see you here Kristin!  :smitten:

[6c...]

Eljay:

Yes, it was great just to be there in such close proximity. We talked to a fellow who heard Obama speak at the convention and said he was just so inspiring. I hope to have the opportunity to hear Obama speak in person sometime in my lifetime!

Kristin

I hope to have the opportunity to hear Obama speak in person sometime in my lifetime!

Kristin

Yes, me too. If he ever comes to the Bay Area, I will do whatever I can to be there. The couple of times he has been in SF (even Marin, my hometown, once), I didn't hear about it until after the fact.

Hopefully we will have 8 years in which to make this happen!

• 2 weeks later...

I can't find it.  :( Doesn't appear to be on CNN, MSNBC or the 3 major networks. Rats.

I just realized I had my dvr on pause, and when I changed it from msnbc to cnn to check, I lost it! Waaaaah!! He wasn't done yet!!  :'(  :idiot:

It's probably online somewhere.   ::)

Historical speech taking place right now in Berlin, by Barack Obama!

It was a very good speech! I am still sooo undecided about this race. Repubs let me down these last 8 years, big time.  >:(

Historical speech taking place right now in Berlin, by Barack Obama!

It was a very good speech! I am still sooo undecided about this race. Repubs let me down these last 8 years, big time.  >:(

Oooh, scott, I'm gonna have to work on you between now and November.  :laugh:

ya know, i really like what obama has to say on a lot of issues. IT was soo cool to see all those germans in the audience of that speech waving the American flags. gave me chills. I DO think he could fix alot of our foreign policy issues, and help "repair" our world reputation. But I worry about his stance on Iran, and the war on terror. I want someone thats going to have a tough stance, but not a warmonger either.

But I also want someone That is going to focus on the environment. IT seems the environment is being ignored by washington DC and it is falling apart and dying right before our eyes!

I voted Red the last two elections, but that may change this time around. I am just weary of believing everything I am hearing right now.

just my opinions..

I agree Scott.  Do you know how to tell if a politician is telling a lie?  Their lips are moving...LOL  I don't like anyone and would like to vote....none of the above...let's have a "do over"!!  LOL

Jen

I agree Scott.  Do you know how to tell if a politician is telling a lie?  Their lips are moving...LOL 

Jen

LMAO!! nice one! hehehe Soooo true  :thumbsup:

• 1 month later...

For those of you who can't make up your mind about the presidential election, you should see the following video from Defenders of Wildlife about a brutal practice promoted by the Republican nominee for Vice President, Sarah Palin.

It's called "aerial hunting" whereby wolves are shot from low-flying aircraft or chased to exhaustion, then killed at point-blank range.

Governor Palin supports this barbaric practice, exploiting a loophole in the Federal Airborne Hunting Act to allow private wolf killers to shoot down wolves using aircraft.

I'll warn you, it is a disturbing video but I think the truth about her needs to be known:

http://actionfund.defenders.org/palinvideo